ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What induction kit is this (pic)

Hi,

Can anybody let me know what kit this is, and whether it is any good or not? Looking at a car that has it installed.

img00019201106111434.jpg

i think its a viper kit and its okay, got a cold air feed which is good, but most people use a v6 airbox from an espace?! i think thats right..

Listerine & Poledo
Yep, viper.

No extra beans, but makes more noise.

JMS V6 airbox is the common upgrade, probably for good reason.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
As above.

Any other mods on it? I think you can tell a lot about how a car has been treated by what mods it has.

The induction was done at K-tec along with a remap (stage 1 kit I believe). It also has a japspeed exhaust, been given the way the standard falls apart that might have been a necessary upgrade.

Ph1
Crikey you know your getting old when the youth don't know what a Viper is lol

Used to love mine. Did make a difference on performance don't care what any of the forum sheep shaggers say lol

Never run it connect tho, point the feed at it.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Crikey you know your getting old when the youth don't know what a Viper is lol

Used to love mine. Did make a difference on performance don't care what any of the forum sheep shaggers say lol

Never run it connect tho, point the feed at it.

Got RR graphs to prove that have you?

Ph1
No it was totally fine, water never got that far. To run a cold air feed from say your fog light to near your kit, the pipe is bent anyway plus the filter is designed to stop dirt and debris.

I mounted my cold air feed at a right angle to the Viper entrance

Ph1
Then how do you know it increased performance? It's a placebo effect as has been said.

You could instantly feel the difference. First mod i did was a full Magnex. It made absolutely no difference what so ever to performance but after fitting the Viper the car 100% picked its feels up a lot quicker. Definitely freed the engine up.

IIRC, Didnt someone on here called Fred get 13 bhp from a mapped one back in the day ;)