ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

It's a heavier cutting pad, although pad difference is negligible I find.

Oh, and your usernames are FAR too similar!!

Thank you - So I would use that with the menzerna to take slightly bigger marks out? or would I get something with a bit more cut to put on it?
It's a good job my avatar isn't my blue 182 too lol

Yeah us "oldies" would have a problem then!

Indeed. This is the great thing about the 3M range - the coloured tops of the polish correspond to the pad colours. You won't need anything with more cut, that will sort you.

Haha, he's a lower number so better than me apparently :(
But he's getting a Menzerna polish and CG pads, so why are we talking about 3m ha?

The rotary is definitely more scary to use than DA. Practiced with my EP801 yesterday on my test panel.
Was nicer and less noisy, but the panel/pad did get pretty hot :eek:. Lot more messing about on that before I use it on a car me thinks!

I ordered some IronX from i4 yesterday about 3pm on next day delivery, and it's getting delivered tomorrow!?

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Much less for G5 if your wipers aren't new or decent i've found.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I've found g5 lasts around 1 month. It still beads after that but doesn't actually repel the water.. Not too bothered though as its not expensive so I've worked it into my bi-weekly routine as it takes all of 15 mins and is perfect for my driving.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Just ordered a beginners kit for my brother Iron X, Tar X, BTBM, Megs lambswool mitt, Megs applicators, Sonus Drying towels, Poorboys short and long sided MF's, AF tough prep, AF tough coat. Can't believe the price of just that little lot and he will be borrowing a bunch of my stuff as well.

Does Tough prep need masking btw?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No it doesn't have a cure time as such mate. The layer instantly bonds then you wipe off the excess so to speak. Impressive product and really good for UK users. Cures at lower temps and the onus isn't on you to figure out when it bonds or what is too long.

Clever product but I prefer the standard one.

Down to ambient temps I would presume (limited knowledge but common sense).

I hadn't actually realised you could buy both. I'm tempted to buy it for my rear bumper as it's clearly been sprayed at some point as it's soft as s**t. I may overspill the C4 from the plastic parts onto the paint come to think about it. It's not that hard to apply... famous last words!!

Kev, here's something to mind f**k you a bit. And it's a conversational question.

The slower something cools, the larger the crystals. The quicker something cools, the opposite, i.e. smaller crystals. As C1 and CQ products are a drying/crystallising process, the shorter the curing time of a product, the smaller the crystals. So technically, do you think you'd see a marked difference between UK CQ and CQ, looks wise?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No not looks wise mate. You know that as much as I do! ;)

Is does claim that UKC is glossier etc but you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference. Add in to the fact that most of the time these products are supplied the cars are 90+ corrected they can always look better than conventional products or others.

I digress of course. C4 is C1 as you know mate, fire it on the bumper! ;)

No Cquartz is a little more pure so to speak, it's the original, UKC is modified to become more useable and that it is. Cquartz is still above it in the performance scale. When modifying something as little as that, something has to give to make it more useable.

But I would recommend UKC more because applying coatings like Cquartz isn't for the faint hearted as you know.

Yeah I will be doing. Clean, degrease, clay, brushed intricate areas etc Correction via DA as the paint is soohoftt, IPA, C4 all over.

The rest will be the usual wet work and then Amigo+Glasur x2.

No Cquartz is a little more pure so to speak, it's the original, UKC is modified to become more useable and that it is. Cquartz is still above it in the performance scale. When modifying something as little as that, something has to give to make it more useable.

But I would recommend UKC more because applying coatings like Cquartz isn't for the faint hearted as you know.

Playing devils advocate, was the original not a compromise so that it could work better in higher temps?

Maybe UKCQ is a better working formula, but wouldn't work in hotter countries, so was revised. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I will be using one or the other on a new (white) car, so need to have a play with it beforehand, you recommend original CQ?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My friend Craig was a fan. It's hard to tell what is replicated and what is not.

The new maxprotect stuff was claimed to be old C1 or very similar. The guy who made it used to work for Gtechniq actually. Impressive in testing on DW.

Ceramishield definitely isn't BS and Lee is a cracking honest chap. It does increase the microns of the paint as tested. I would put it on my car. They're all worth researching and testing if you can.

Storm Grey 200
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346946946.330131.jpg

Picked up these from Asda for £5 today, no Kent stuff left. Feel descent and cheap enough.