ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

5 Litres of IPA and....

IMG_04071.jpg

IMG_04081.jpg

Through work.

Elcometer 456 A456CFNFSS

Got it "through work"... ;)

I've been washing and cleaning for a while now, and waiting to 'acquire' this so that I can give the DA a go. The DAS-6 has been sat in the garage waiting to be used for a long time.

Yep, the one in my profile pic. I've had number 6 for almost two years now and it has been non stop smiles all the way. I'm confident I can do the paint correction, I just wanted to have something I can use to measure what I am doing to the paint, I don't think they have come up with paint depth contact lenses yet?

I bought the DAS-6 a long time ago, and a friend of mine said I could practice on his heap of a fiesta (M reg). I got about a 70% correction on the bonnet and it looked better when I stood back. I then realised I had no clue what I had just done to the paint! Needless to say before I did anything else I needed a PDG. I got one and that is where I'm at today.

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
I bought some new pads, a new wookie and more opticoat since my idiot bro in law decided to take there 6 month old scirocco to the local jet wash and then proceeded to trail the jet wash hose over the bonnet of the car

I bought some new pads, a new wookie and more opticoat since my idiot bro in law decided to take there 6 month old scirocco to the local jet wash and then proceeded to trail the jet wash hose over the bonnet of the car

Simple things that people don't think of. Similarly with air, water and petrol hoses at petrol stations.

R14 CUP
Nice order Jamie. Carbon should look great on the cup. :)

Id imagine that'll be the last order I'll be making in a while tbh, I have literally everything else i want / need for this year. Fingers crossed it'll all be here for Friday.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Simple things that people don't think of. Similarly with air, water and petrol hoses at petrol stations.

It's like nails on a blackboard to me when I see that.

Same when Mike Brewer treats resprayed cars like a drum/sofa/woman on Wheeler Dealers.

Clio 172, Pug 106
Can anyone recommend a good wheel product that helps repel brake dust?

i have some "poorboys wheel sealant" which is supposed to do the trick but its abit hit and miss!!

With having black wheels brake dust is a mare!

Clio 172, Pug 106
Winner cheers for that... seems to get some good reviews off Detailing world!

On my 106 i used to have the wheels off every few months and give them a proper clean... on the clio though its going to be alot harder seeing as i cant get a jack under the car without a mega faff!!

Fiesta ST200
Had a big order through from work recently.

Just to name a few:

Zymol carbon, AF power seal, AF rejuvenate, AF Revive, Zaino Z8, wheel woollies, ironX, Zaino Z18 clay bar, Dodo born slippy clay lube, prima amigo, German apps, tyre dressing apps.

The list goes on.

It's nice to work with decent products though:

4f4dedfe-f38f-3699.jpg

Had a big order through from work recently.

Just to name a few:

Zymol carbon, AF power seal, AF rejuvenate, AF Revive, Zaino Z8, wheel woollies, ironX, Zaino Z18 clay bar, Dodo born slippy clay lube, prima amigo, German apps, tyre dressing apps.

The list goes on.

It's nice to work with decent products though:

4f4dedfe-f38f-3699.jpg

Nice lot there mate, what line of work are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

Fiesta ST200
I recently had a job role change. I was doing sales, now I'm doing valeting.

I work for my dads company you see xD

Fiesta ST200
For anyone that is interested our company is 'Maundrell & Co Ltd'. check out our website, we are turning over some pretty nice stuff :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Do you use Citrus as a pre-wash mate? I think it's a shame they didn't release a concentrate instead.

yeah pretty much every week unless I plan to strip the car then I don't use it. sometimes as a wheel cleaner when I'm not using the pressure washer as the wheels are sealed. I did here that in its concentrate form it was pretty potent and may have caused some issues

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Kev's up to speed with the Nanolex range, but I believe there 'ultra' range is supposed to be the one although only there glass sealant seems to be available on i4d.

For the sake of £2.99 about three times a year, I just went with the Tesco's/B&Q ones mate. Never saw the point in buying anything more expensive.

Bumder With A Buffer
Aye I almost agree BUT im a lazy old fcuk now and struggle to bend/kneel down for long. So the type I linked up with the angled hose appeals to my "special" needs :eek:

Golf GT & A4 Avant
lazy detailing, surely that's as much a contradiction as the speed detailing comp on DW ;)

I can see the benefit with the long reach part, but would have thought they'd still be cheaper in B&Q / Homebase etc

Bumder With A Buffer
For reaching the undersides of the gaylander. As you might see from the front view it dips down and under the car, I just wanted to make my life easier rather then having to crawl on a damp floor to spray the bits I cannot get too.

Bumder With A Buffer
Im sure people have so il ask this..

HAs anyone ordered direct from gtechniq before? How is their delivery times?? I need some more C4 before the weekend as im off to deepest darkest Wales and want to get the bumpers sorted before I venture offroad.