ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Ph2 172
Tried to start it. Tried a cheap code reader on it. Cried a little.

Checked the Immobiliser, removed and cleaned the crank sensor again, replaced coil pack, Cleaned up and swapped about the relays and fuses, checked and cleaned Earths, tried to start it, hovered a tin of petrol over the c**t, cried a little.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Discovered my engine mount had been doing naff all.
IMG_2592_zpsx1y1ffmr.jpg

IMG_2593_zpsetnqidvr.jpg

Not sure when this actually happened, but I could have done track days like this!
Now fitted with a Vibratechnics one

:neutral:

The. Cheek. I would be astounded if see any Yozzasport products looking like that. They were intentionally engineered to last. In particular, exhausts that we sold, may need repacking every couple of years or months (depending on application, operating temperatures and fuel mixes) to keep the noise/reverb down, given the pipe bore/harmonics, but they never looked like a rusty tin shed. Ever.

:neutral:

/y0z

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Yesterday I fitted cup shocks all round, a new rear exhaust mount (Tiger Sealed for extra durability :smirk:) and Fabia splitter. And it seemed like it rained all day.

Oil & filter today ready for Brands next Monday :cool::smilingimp:.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Nothing wrong with Tiger Seal....my rear exhaust hanger is made entirely from the stuff!!
:up:, I got the idea from this forum. I tried silicon on my last hanger, but it wasn't'up to the job, high hopes for this new version :wink:. When I bought my car it came with with a ridiculously heavy Scorpion exhaust, I reckon it'd be cheaper to replace it with a lighter one rather than all these exhaust hangers :tonguewink:.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That's a shame mate, cool! I'm looking forward to it :)
The vans my daily mate, drives me up and down the A13 covering 45 miles a day so it's not worth having anything nice to have to go to work in.
(Some fcuk will only crash into it)

I just wanted to jazz it up a bit, it's been neglected for the last 7 years.

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Incoming smug post!
In for MOT at 9, out by ten with no advisories! Happy days, now what to do with the rest of my day off work...

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Incoming smug post!
In for MOT at 9, out by ten with no advisories! Happy days, now what to do with the rest of my day off work...

Had the dent I acquired on the day I bought the car removed earlier this week, fitted an unmarked replacement door handle this afternoon! Good as new! [emoji1303]
Before:
25e2ddf9ce328872a47814c070e05ac5.jpg

After:
81d420a9a681778469db2d54cf639443.jpg

Dent removal was carried out by Ryan at 'fixadent'. Think I'll be having him back to do my drivers door once winter is over

Clio 182
Last few days ive done some little bits that have been annoying me.

1. Fitted my fatty induction kit
2. Recaro stickers
3. Painted the engine mount bolts
4. Painted the engine lift bracket
5. Painted rotten spoiler bolts
6. Fitted stainless screws to replace
rusted slam panel headlight and wing bolts.
7. gave her a vac
Thats it for now
IMG-20161116-WA0027.jpg
20161122_120955.jpg
20161122_123836.jpg
20161122_124856.jpg
IMG-20161122-WA0032.jpeg
IMG-20161122-WA0034.jpeg
20161122_135636.jpg

Attachments

• 20161121_153721.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 90
  • 20161121_143651.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 94
  Clio 172
Fitted puremotorsport shims to the rear RHS of my Clio 182 track car. However when removing the stub of the axle, 2 of the 4 heads on the bolts were fubbard! Must have happened during the build:down: so going to order new set of belts from PMS to replace bolts on both sides. Only fitted 2 bolts atm as needed to put wheel back on to get car into garage. Will do the LHS shims/ bolts along with the RHS bolts when get back offshore in 3 weeks.
Also, when doing the shims noticed that the bush on the exhaust is also fubbard and it's only got one mount on the rear:down: so will order a new mount aswell and 2 powerflex bushes.

honda crx
got some stuff.. new seat ant side mounts :up:

Attachments

• IMG_3568.JPG
    IMG_3568.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3574.JPG
    IMG_3574.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 81

Flp

Iceberg ph1
is it hard to replace shift knob?
Its hard to get the ph1 gear knob off without damaging it, but its possible.
I put shifter with knob in freezer, then warm up the knob and stick it on vice with thick rubber to protect ball from scratches. Then attached screw on lower part of the stick and hit it with hammer. And i worked well..