ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
Busy morning this morning!!

Job one, i have changed the ignition coil pack. the car seemed to be missing slightly under accelleration. as it turns out someone had fitted one before but the wrong one, it was from an early 1.2 16v and not the later one. I started it with the new one on and it was running terrible, HT's were put on in the same order as the one which came off, so i swapped 1 and 2 over and hey presto ticking over nicely
Job two, cleaned the throttle body again to hopefully help it run a bit smoother and i had a throttle body fault code so hopefully this will help make sure it does not re occur
Job three, messed around with the air bag connectors under the seats, cleaned them up and the service/airbag lights hovnow gone out.

All told a productive and satisfying morning, replacement coil £10.00 from a scrappers and carb cleaner £4.00, job done :smile::smile::smile::smile:

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Took it to the drag strip :smile:.....

Then took the passenger side door card off to retrieve something rattling around in the door cavity :up:.

Clio 182
Been busy today so far
1st job change spark plugs as euro car parts got an offer on 25% off so I did plugs oil and filter pollen filter runs 100 times better
Job 2 changed bottom ball joints also from ecp
Job 3 while the wheels were off I cleaned all under arches and sprayed wishbones and shockers as we're looking crap
Job 4 cup of tea sit down for 10 mins
Job 5 draining the gearbox as we speak so I can put some fresh 75 80 gear oil in then all done for a while

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Washed, clayed and sealed

IMG_0806.jpg

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Engine an box oil change
fitted refurbished front calipers
bled the brakes
fitted new drivers side driveshaft
raised the AST's 10mm all round
washed it

BMW 320d SE
Had it professionally washed at a local detailing place yesterday and had the a/c system repaired and regassed today. :cool:

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Sorted out my sticky back brake, a slightly damp patch on the rear axle around one of the brake pipe clips caught my eye, moved it a little and it promptly burst in my hand. That'll be a job for Wednesday and Thursday night after work then!

Clio 182
Made a battery cover painted it black and painted all plastics in the car inc dash door cards black just waiting in some leather due to do the seats too

Clio 182
Don't worry we all had to start somewhere my first car was a right rot box I'm 43 now and it's still costs a fortune on insurance

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I used a "Bobble Off" :)yum:) to remove the worn and loose bits of Alcantara from my seats, then gave them a good going over with Sonax Foam Upholstery & Alcantara Cleaner.

Next I used leather shoe :)grimacing:) dye to colour the worn and dry leather in the seat bolsters. Left it to soak/dry and wiped down. Looks sooooo much better. I'll avoid wearing my white slacks for a few days :smile:.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Changed the spark plugs, HT leads and coil pack for all new OEM parts.

Attachments

• IMG_20160731_120648.jpg
    IMG_20160731_120648.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 72

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Changed the upper gearbox mount. Already changed the dogbone and engine mount, this was the hardest to get at and change.

Attachments

• IMG_20160801_113949.jpg
    IMG_20160801_113949.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20160801_114003.jpg
    IMG_20160801_114003.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 73

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Tried to clean up after my outer cv boots on both sides blew bloody black 'orrible grease all over everything in the arches! Also put a bit of silicone sealant on the incredibly suspicious small hole in each of them, to tide over until I get them changed+72k service on Friday [emoji389] if anyone knows why on earth both boots would be slit like they have been, please enlighten me!
a07417be30941948966fde2b04b772e7.jpg

Picture shows damage, both boots same size and on same 'rib' of boot... [emoji848]