ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

BMW 328i
Tidied up the engine bay

image_zpsijpufwfz.jpg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Serviced the daily Clio. Hope that will give it a new lease of life.

Not seen the 172 in about 3 weeks, hope it starts first time tomorrow when I go to my dads. It won't as its French.

Clio sport 172 ph2
Moved battery to boot, moved the ecu not exactly where i want it but it will do for now gave her a wash and wax and got a few bits polished for my new engine build

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Bort it sum tripple 8's wil av sum ns2r's forsale 205/45/15

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

172 Cup
The car failed the mot due to emissions so I removed the decat and fitted the standard cat along with new gaskets and bolts etc.

Fitted the front spacers, painted the calipers black and also fitted my new OMP 330mm wheel

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Three new tyres for the daily Clio currently being fitted. Spent more time and effort on that this month than the 172. I may have to buy something for the 172 to restore order!

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Clio went in to check on brakes/coolant leak/whistling wheel and the call back came with a list of stuff!
New brakes - discs and pads, front anti roll bar links rubbers dropped out, PSF calliper sticking, rear shock absorbors leaking, slight water leak in the radiator (which they will plug for free, how nice) + washer pump needs replacing and the drive shaft oil seals have perished and are leaking). So quite a list!
Quoted about £300 all in. Think that's alright for such a list!

Ph.1 Clio 172
f**king hell just found out that my cam timing is out. Crank pin slots into the crank when the line in the flywheel is aligned with the 0-mark on the gearbox but the horseshoe doesn't fit in the cam slots. Its so badly out ouf alignment so even a blind man can see it without the horseshoe! GOD f**king DAMMIT way to go Finnish bosch car service...... Seems like everything has to be done by yourself......
I always had that feeling that something is not right......
Cam belt kit has been on the car since 15th of April this year. I guess you can't get away by just retiming the engine, i have to replace everything..........
On the other hand i'm happy because now i know there is going to be much more fun driving experience in the future......
EDIT:1
I post pics in a minute
EDIT:2
IMG-20160510-WA0003_zps9las41xl.jpg

IMG-20160510-WA0004_zpscoy54kqp.jpg

IMG-20160510-WA0005_zpsvazmhpy3.jpg

Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
f**king hell just found out that my cam timing is out. Crank pin slots into the crank when the line in the flywheel is aligned with the 0-mark on the gearbox but the horseshoe doesn't fit in the cam slots. Its so badly out ouf alignment so even a blind man can see it without the horseshoe! GOD f**king DAMMIT way to go Finnish bosch car service...... Seems like everything has to be done by yourself......
I always had that feeling that something is not right......
Cam belt kit has been on the car since 15th of April this year. I guess you can't get away by just retiming the engine, i have to replace everything..........
On the other hand i'm happy because now i know there is going to be much more fun driving experience in the future......
EDIT:1
I post pics in a minute
EDIT:2
IMG-20160510-WA0003_zps9las41xl.jpg

IMG-20160510-WA0004_zpscoy54kqp.jpg

IMG-20160510-WA0005_zpsvazmhpy3.jpg
Yes you can just re time the engine. [emoji2]

Ph.1 Clio 172
Thanks Phase1sr!
Doesn't that require slackening the tensioner? I assumed that it's not recommended to tension belt that has been already tensioned?
Or is just a simple cam covers off, cam pulleys loosened then alignment with horseshoe and retightening everything. I have access to Vividworkshopdata on my workplace and timing belt replacement guide and all the tightening torques. And also aware of using the pulley immobiliser
It's late i'm tired and stressed, and angry.
But thanks again.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It should just be a case of loosing off the exhaust pulley (after locking the crank with the pin)
And then moving the cam into the correct position.

You may need to undo the dephaser as well, you WILL need the correct Renault cam pulley locking tool don't try and use the cam aligning tool.

Ph.1 Clio 172
It should just be a case of loosing off the exhaust pulley (after locking the crank with the pin)
And then moving the cam into the correct position.

You may need to undo the dephaser as well, you WILL need the correct Renault cam pulley locking tool don't try and use the cam aligning tool.
Yes. I don't know how to thank you enough you have been very helpful. What a relieve.
Don't worry. I am aware of everything that can go wrong with mis-using/un-using the crank/cam/pulley tools. I have access to tool set made by Gates via our garages part supplier, Finlands largest supplier ,AD Finland Oy.

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
Just done both of my tie rods and ends as my steering was a bit off and tyres wearing on the outside.
Tracking and MOT in the morning fingers crossed it'll pass! If not ill be back under it tomorrow haha

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Stripped the interior of everything, prepared it an primered it

Was getting fed up of it looking grubby an the patches where the sound deadening was removed being a different colour. Just need to pick up the paint from being mixed tomorrow an i shall get it sprayed up

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
was it relatively simple job?

Yeah it wasn't really difficult, the nearside inner rod was on solid so took some swearing to get off but apart from that it was easy.
I did the inners with a 32mm fan spanner not a proper tool, just moved the steering back and two to get better access, although mines a 1.2 so don't know how access will be on a sport.

If you're just gonna do the tie rod ends and not the inners you'll be finished before the kettle has boiled haha

Yeah it wasn't really difficult, the nearside inner rod was on solid so took some swearing to get off but apart from that it was easy.
I did the inners with a 32mm fan spanner not a proper tool, just moved the steering back and two to get better access, although mines a 1.2 so don't know how access will be on a sport.

If you're just gonna do the tie rod ends and not the inners you'll be finished before the kettle has boiled haha
Cheers, seems like a simple job. Providing the locking nut isn't seine do.

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
Passed its MOT yesterday with no advisories, Tester even commented on how well maintained it is mechanically so pretty chuffed with that!
Also had the wheel alignment done after changing the tie rods etc, car feels like a brand new car now, previously it was skittish and the steering was notchy and unpredictable, now its as solid as a rock and drives brilliantly!
Took it for a nice blast to the pub in celebration haha!

Found another parking dent :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
ouch. Pet annoyance is parking well away from Muppets in car parks only to find someone has parked next to you despite there being 100 other frickin spaces. I now park in the middle of 2 spaces like most women manage to ;-)

banther

ClioSport Club Member
ouch. Pet annoyance is parking well away from Muppets in car parks only to find someone has parked next to you despite there being 100 other frickin spaces. I now park in the middle of 2 spaces like most women manage to ;-)
This is exactly what happened. Pissed me right off!!

Don't suppose any one knows rough figures for dent removal?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Found another parking dent :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
ouch. Pet annoyance is parking well away from Muppets in car parks only to find someone has parked next to you despite there being 100 other frickin spaces. I now park in the middle of 2 spaces like most women m
This is exactly what happened. Pissed me right off!!

Don't suppose any one knows rough figures for dent removal?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
dent magic do online quoting. You fill out they're form and attach 3 pics. Need to do one myself as I stupidly let the family car door go in the wind. Put a ding right above the drivers door handle of all places, little reminder every time I get in the car :-(

Ph.1 Clio 172
Trying to figure out whats wrong with cam belt timing which seem to (sounds crazy) change everytime it is checked. :eek:penmouth:
Day 1 as i posted pictures of the cam slots being incorrect by very much.
Day 2 timing was inspected, cam tool almost slots in to the cams
Day 3 crank/cam tools slot in PERFECTLY. :neutral:
All of these 3 times the flywheel mark was spot on!
This doesn't make any sense. Would it be an issue with the dephaser pulley not locking in correctly? Timing should be equally the same no matter how many times you spin the engine around. Dephaser does have a slight rattle when warm.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Changed the coil pack - one I bought didn't fit. Didn't do that job
Changed the HT leads - ones I bought didn't fit, so didn't do that either.
Changed the injectors - success!!
Fitted an Evol dog bone mount - success!!
Fitted a sun strip - couldn't get it right so removed it. In hindsight the fitting instructions were bad and would have done it a different way

So 2 out of 5 planned jobs isn't bad.....

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
Radiator replacement, no amount of topping up was enough in the end :). Not a bad job, then again I'm used to working on our beloved diamonds at work :)