ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

clio sport f1 r27
I'm stage 1+ and rr at 334bhp and 351lb of torque so I'm hoping for more than iv quoted :) it's an edition 30 though sold the f1

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Spent just under 5 hours washing, claying, waxing and restoring my paintwork. Well worth the effort. First time I've clayed a car properly but the paintwork feels so much better now.

2002 clio 172
Spent just under 5 hours washing, claying, waxing and restoring my paintwork. Well worth the effort. First time I've clayed a car properly but the paintwork feels so much better now.

Pics? Been reading about this claying thing and was thinking of doing it myself. Is it easy enough to do without making the car look worse?

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Pics? Been reading about this claying thing and was thinking of doing it myself. Is it easy enough to do without making the car look worse?

It's hard to tell from the photos I took today but the real difference is in the texture of the paintwork. If you rub a section that has been clayed and waxed it feels so smooth compared to an unclayed section.

It's amazing how much the clay bar can pick up that you can't even see on the car.

I'd definitely recommend doing it. I watched a quick tutorial on YouTube. I think the main thing to remember is to not push on with the clay and remember to keep the bodywork and clay lubricated.

yvudady5.jpg

ysurypyv.jpg

M2 Comp
I had my wheels refurbished in the original Trophy colour (Ixell 205.110) and Michelin Pilot Sport 3's (78W XL) fitted all round.

Also gave it a quick clean....

14360190912_ca3658bacd_b.jpg
IMG_1104 by tommo1991, on Flickr

:D

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Looked at getting a rotary polisher and realised I really have no idea where to start! Want to remove a few swirls and some scratches but keen to learn at the same time. Also fitted Citroen Xsara washer jets to the clio (mk3), involved some cutting but nothing major. Had to renew all my washer hoses too as they were cracking, thankfully it's 6mm hose the same as the reel of hose I have spare from my fish tank air pumps ;) very pleased with that as the fish tank hose is a blue colour that looks a perfect match to the cars paintwork! Looks very OEM. Finally tried a tcut scratch pen, happy with how it hides scratches but needs alot of polishing after to get all the paint level and to smooth off the paint pen so it doesn't look like a line.

2002 clio 172
Took it to birchdown services for aux belt and wheel bearing. Cheaper than I was expecting too so all good.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Took it over the 40k miles mark, emptied the boot and contemplated how to secure the tyre weld in the boot so it doesn't toll around everywhere. Lastly started polishing back some of the touch up Paint so you can't see its been painted as at the moment there's an obvious lump where the paint rises slightly.

renault clio 1.4 16v
just replaced the droplinks or whatever u call them, (bushes connecting the stabaliser bar and controll arm) they seem to have been installed skew from the factory, as a result the bolts chewd through the rubber and was metal on metal, needless to say, car handles 1000 times better now:cool: used to roll around like a boat

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
That is so f**king smart! Wow. For me, I'd put smaller plates on... but I understand if you want to keep it completely standard :) (although, just noticed the badge so it's not completely standard)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I'm getting a smaller front plate and obviously a clean rear one. But I'll also be buying a standard sized front plate too.

It's also not very standard, cup shocks, cooksport springs and spacers all round lol. Just looking for OEM+ really.

Cheers for the comments though

Got a call from the body shop today saying I can pick it up next Wednesday after it's front end refresh. Can't wait to get it back!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Got some major scratches removed from the bonnet including some awful sanding marks. See my thread in the detailing section for pics "to polish or replace" will put pics on here later :)

Clio 1.5 DCI 03
Just fitted a new EGR valve, my other one was shot.
Took it off a few weeks ago and cleaned it but the actual unit had failed.
Sounds a hell of a lot better now

big boost cup
put it back in the garage ready for paint. picked up vag box with diff fitted. ordered some more odds and sods for it

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Truly stunning! Same colour as my Mk3 but yours looks so much more perfect and mirror finish. Do you machine polish it? How did you get it that smooth and perfect!

Didn't realise Mk3's came in Monaco. But yeah it's been machine polished. Still needs some work and there are a lot of bad paint repairs.

Here is the unedited version of the first photo (for some reason flickr is being a b*****d and will only let me have on of the image uploaded. All I've done is increase the exposure as I stupidly had my exposure to -2.)

14197408358_0bcb46e4e5_z.png

IMG_3474 by welshname, on Flickr

It's a million times better than when I bought the car, so much more clarity to the paint now. Still needs another going over with something a little harsher so I'll be doing it this weekend.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Didn't realise Mk3's came in Monaco. But yeah it's been machine polished. Still needs some work and there are a lot of bad paint repairs.

Here is the unedited version of the first photo (for some reason flickr is being a b*****d and will only let me have on of the image uploaded. All I've done is increase the exposure as I stupidly had my exposure to -2.)

14197408358_0bcb46e4e5_z.png

IMG_3474 by welshname, on Flickr

It's a million times better than when I bought the car, so much more clarity to the paint now. Still needs another going over with something a little harsher so I'll be doing it this weekend.

Well, if you get bored i'd love mine to look like that ;) Haha, looks stunning though! Makes me even more keen to start machine polishing mine. Asking for a rotary for my 18th birthday (August 14th :)) and can't wait having seen yours, the paint looks so shiny and clean!

Remind me never to get bored. Just started colour coding my spare side strips randomly, lucky I have a spare set i'm doing it on! Don't have the paint yet!

Tried to remove the pad retaining pins on the 197 Brembo calipers that I'm going to install on the 172. Failed! Will not come out of the N/S caliper even with lots of swearing and hammering. Need a re-think.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Well, if you get bored i'd love mine to look like that ;) Haha, looks stunning though! Makes me even more keen to start machine polishing mine. Asking for a rotary for my 18th birthday (August 14th :)) and can't wait having seen yours, the paint looks so shiny and clean!

Remind me never to get bored. Just started colour coding my spare side strips randomly, lucky I have a spare set i'm doing it on! Don't have the paint yet!

I use a DA rather than rotary. Much easier to use for a beginner and your going to have a hard time ruining the paint with it compared to a rotary.