ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fitted my LED sidelights, new wiper blades, a new indicator bulb and my Senna signature sticker.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Washed it and used G3 quick detailer which I bought last week. Quite pleased with the results.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372713044.116528.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372713061.766712.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372713074.566841.jpg

Fabricated custom mounts to the standard subframe, fitted my bucket seat then retrimmed it to better match the Cup. (This was Friday, not today!)
20130628_191612.jpg

20130630_144115.jpg

​Sits pretty high so PH 2 will be new subframe :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
DS3000's arrived and fitted today (Thanks G172)... got all week now to bed them in before Bedford on Friday

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What are they like for everyday use mate? do they stop you at all when they are cold?

They're not as bitey cold but then again they're not really for road use. That being said though, they're far from crap when cold to but I'm an early, progressive braker anyway.

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Booked the windscreen guys in to come and sort the rain sensor out seeing as it was working before they fitted the new windscreen and now it isn't... =/

Diy retrimmed my a pillars with some alcantara. Not perfect but not bad for a first attempt.
IMG_20130703_194434_zpsa9f2b55c.gif
IMG_20130703_190315_zps55abb9a4.gif

Gonna dye em black to match my headlining too.

RB Clio 182
Diy retrimmed my a pillars with some alcantara. Not perfect but not bad for a first attempt.
IMG_20130703_194434_zpsa9f2b55c.gif
IMG_20130703_190315_zps55abb9a4.gif

Gonna dye em black to match my headlining too.

Looks good but looks a little lighter than the seats?

Where did you get your door handle/window switch covers from mate?

Yeah they are... You can't buy the same colour as the seats as they are a bit blue. Darker grey would have been better but still wouldn't match for that reason which is why I am gonna dye them black to match my headlining.
They're just normal ones mate that have been sprayed titanium.

RB Clio 182
Yeah they are... You can't buy the same colour as the seats as they are a bit blue. Darker grey would have been better but still wouldn't match for that reason which is why I am gonna dye them black to match my headlining.
They're just normal ones mate that have been sprayed titanium.

​Ok mate thanks, they look to have a great finish on them, thanks :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Considered fitting dual optics, decided against it on account of rapidly failing light.

So I spent the evening polishing/correcting them and prepping the wiring.

Of course then I couldn't resist wiring up the Aitch-eye-dee's.

IMG_0583.jpg
IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg
IMG_0587.jpg

LY FF182
Fitted some new side bullets I got from Oggy172

Inquired about them Monday, paid Tuesday and they were delivered Wednesday (today!!) Great delivery time if you ask me!

The previous owner of my car RUINED the original bullets, broke all the clips and bonded crap carbon covers over them. Not neat at all!!! Spent ages getting them off the car without scratching the paint, then obviously had to clean under the side strips! Turns out the clip on the side strip for the front of the pass side bullet is broke :( so I've resorted to glue for a temporary thing. Pics!!

72_zps942f1e84.jpg

70_zpsb3296f17.jpg

69_zps46b64744.jpg

71_zpsa66b5c7d.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hope you used a plastic boot and not a stretchy else you'll be doing it again in a few months.

Hope you used a plastic boot and not a stretchy else you'll be doing it again in a few months.

I didn't use a plastic one cos I intended to swap the whole driveshaft but once i'd got it out I found out the replacement was no good so had to try and find somewhere with a replacement gaiter in stock at 4pm... Renault didn't have one and the only other place that said they had a proper one in was Saf. Got to Saf and it was a totally different size so they didn't have one either so the guy took my old gaiter round the back and came back with a continental branded rubber one. It was a stretchy one but its not plastic unfortunately :( was a fair bit thicket than the renault one which came off tho. I'd rather scrap the car than do that again lol.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

You should try the Motrio rubber c.v boots Mick, best boots ever, havent seen one fail yet. Fitted 2 to the mothers clio about 4 years ago and they haven't perished and the straps are still looking new.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not tried them no but whats the cost? If there's only a few quid difference I'd sooner just stick with the genuine item.

107 Track Car & C4
Fixed my gear gaitor with some self tapper's as the front 2 clips had snapped off, much better now, followed one of the guides on here. Also went and looked at a LY 200 at a local garage. Very tempted, but it is base spec as far as I'm aware.