ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Plugs and air filter swapped out, is it me or does it seem smoother....

Brake pads checked over and sliders regreased.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I want to remove mine as it’s been on there for a few years and has started to get some surface rust, so needs some attention to smarten it up. Any tips to get it off?

Mine had been on for 5 years, the u bolts on the rear beam sheared all 4 threads off ?

Just try the usual penetrant spray or heat.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Fitted the missing front bumper splash guard/support thingy, bumper sits better now. While up in the air I put washers on the gearbox end of my polybushed dogbone, again a missing item!

Just need to get the brake light working on my cup spoiler.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Fixed a dodgy wire on the starter motor and fitted my refurbed wheels

Woke up thinking if there was a way to install an aftermarket steering wheel but still have the cruise control functionality available. :unsure:

BMW 320d SE
Woke up thinking if there was a way to install an aftermarket steering wheel but still have the cruise control functionality available. :unsure:

It’s been done before. There’s a guy on here who was selling the panel and buttons for the cruise control. Do a search and I’m sure it’ll come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It’s been done before. There’s a guy on here who was selling the panel and buttons for the cruise control. Do a search and I’m sure it’ll come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search for Volantech on Facebook, he's the guy that does the kits.

997.1, Caddy, e208
mot'd the Lupo, ripped half the Boxster interior out trying to get access to the convertible push rods (unsuccessful) ordered some new bits for it ready to sell it on (arch liner, clean rear bumper, headlight bracket)

406 V6, Race Buggy
Well, not mine, but a friend brought some dampers up hoping I'd take a look at them 'cause they were running hot....

Yeah, that's cause half of Wales is inside them....the oil is supposed to be transparent red....

:D

I think I've salvaged the remotes and hoses and that's about it....

A quick wash, autosol'd the miltek (why does autosol come out like 2 stripe toothpaste?) , back-to-black'd the exhaust trims and front wiper mechanism, hoovered and washed the interior and seats, cleaned the door sill plates. Also autosol'd the metal pedals, which didn't really work very well

BMW 320d SE
Changed the VVT solenoid seal. Thought it was that, leaking oil over the top of the engine. Now thinking it’s probably the cam cover seal, as oil is leaking onto the exhaust manifold and smoking lightly.

997.1, Caddy, e208
mot'd the Lupo, ripped half the Boxster interior out trying to get access to the convertible push rods (unsuccessful) ordered some new bits for it ready to sell it on (arch liner, clean rear bumper, headlight bracket)

Done all that work & then this. Won't be selling it now .....

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Had it in the garage yesterday for new lambda's fitting and the codes reset. Ran it on the emissions machine and it's mot worthy. Now it just needs to stay that way until the mot on the 22nd ?

Spring clean, so mainly going from this

IMG_2569.jpg

to this - its a start but more to do.

IMG_2572.jpg

Also, how many time do you think my calipers have been re-painted :)

IMG_2573.jpg

Audi s3
Had the track car into the auto electrician to get a loom built. Waiting for that to be finished then off to mapping