ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Booked mine in for an MOT on Friday. Cant see much thats obvious
If it gets thru, back home and start stripping the rear interior
Then get someone to weld some roll bar mounting plates in
Then in goes the roll cage

Doubtful that done before Brands Hatch on June 6th

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Washed it and fitted new number plates. Forgot to take pictures, and then it started raining.

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
Developed a horrible misfire on the way to work this morning, diagnosed said misfire to dead injector number 3. Damn cars!

Rusty Cup
Changed the clutch over the weekend. Today I tightened all the stuff that was left loose. Tomorrow I might try and find out where the "Extra" bolts go that were left over from the rebuild.

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Fitted this very hard to find black bit :smile:
IMG_0438.JPG

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Passed the MOT ;-)
Failed first time round- CS Sticker encroaching into 40mm of wiper sweep, (My fault forgot about it)
Sidelight not working OSF

Went home, saw the sidelight had just popped out of the holder (It was fine the day before when checked Mr MOT Tester...) put it back in. Tore the CS decal off :-( went back to MOT place within 20 mins- got my 13 month MOT. Yipee.

Fitted a poly dog bone, and bedded in a set of Mintex M1155. Not much change if any with the dog bone, the OE mount was in very good condition though.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Fitted a poly dog bone, and bedded in a set of Mintex M1155. Not much change if any with the dog bone, the OE mount was in very good condition though.
What bedding in procedure did you do please? :up:

What bedding in procedure did you do please? :up:
Just some light braking say 5-10 times 30-10mph. Then ramp it up a bit 5-10 times 50-20mph with moderate pressure, then let cool whilst driving for a mile or so. Then 80-30mph hard braking until the brakes fade, then drive for 10 minutes or so with minimal braking remembering not to keep your foot on the brake if stationary then park up and let the brakes fully cool over night.

This is just my way of bedding in brakes and has always worked for me on OE and R spec pads.

Probably. I dunno if AG is a one coat paint though as its much deeper and more sparkly than it looks in pics.

Apparently it's a three stage paint. Primer. Yellow base coat and then AG on top.

The body shop I used though managed to get a colour match using white primer and then straight up AG on top. Although they said they used a lot of coats of AG.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Apparently it's a three stage paint. Primer. Yellow base coat and then AG on top.

The body shop I used though managed to get a colour match using white primer and then straight up AG on top. Although they said they used a lot of coats of AG.
I didn't think it would be simple!

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Got round to taking the roof strips off the Cup today, I did it on my Trophy and managed to break 6 out of the 8 clips but learned from that one! Got the strips off and the clips off the pegs without breaking any.
Anyway job done, strips off, clips off the roof, separated the rubber backs off the strips and gave everything a good wash and polish. It's amazing how much muck gets behind them !
IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

Rusty Cup
Checked my power steering fluid levels.

Then dropped the cap down the back of the engine like a butter fingered r****d!

The air box had to come out before I found it..

Good times!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I dropped an intercooler bolt down my gearbox dipstick tube at the weekend. Couldn't have replicated it if I tried. I was f**king savage! Lol
When I changed my spark plugs (after nipping up the very last one) upon removing the socket it had worked itself loose on its extension and fell off. It didn't fall down the side of the engine, or onto the floor it instead decided it wanted to go straight down into the engine.
Thankfully it was a long socket, and even though i couldn't find any magnets anywhere i got it out with some 1/2" OD hosing looped into the socket. I got lucky but it was a 1/1,000 chance.

Iceberg PH1 172
Chucked 2 new power steering pipes in the boot along with a new damper, hazard switch and my spare OZ ready for 2 new rear tyres. Keys dropped off at the garage. :)

Elise S Cup
Removed passenger airbag and reconfigured ECU using CLIP to get rid of airbag and service light

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
a nice 1m bit of 3mm x 50mm flat steel arrived, to secure my full size spare in its well
Nothing else to cover it up, everything else removed bar the 2 front seats

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Replaced the front shocks and gearbox oil, didn't mean to change the box oil but we accidentally pulled the driveshaft out and it all pissed out, good job we did as there was a fair bit of metal in it, won't be long before the box sh*ts itself and i'll need another, which will be the cars third.

Car feels great on new shocks all round though,

danterzza

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Treated myself to a new bonnet from Renault as having the front sprayed as my old one had a dent in it.

33c6acc920ffd51eb14df85ee77b534b.jpg

So currently running this blue scrapyard find.

0087be1b76461a7e92bd2c08f1ed7dd9.jpg

Also ordered some tyres or Jordan beets.

05e8f470201fe264047ec7437402cd7a.jpg

Great price and quick delivery through his yoko Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk