ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have Ren dealers offered for - Cup

If you are thinking of selling your Cup, have you considered handing it back to Renault and closing the finance?? If so what have they offered you??

Please give details of mileage / age of car / price offered

Mine - 30k / Mar 03 reg / £8300 offered. About right??!

Cheers.

just thought - you probably dont want to say as itll give any prospective buyers from the for sale section some leverage!! Doh.

Anyway 8300 for mine sound reasonable?

I rekon this is too cheap. They will put it on their forecourt for 10500-11000.

(there is one near me with 12,000 miles on dealer forcourt for £11600!)

I am thinking about trading mine in after only 1 yr for a RS Megane when they come out. I want at least £10K for mine (25,000 miles) or no deal!.

I think you should be looking at £8K ish in a years time with 50,000 miles on clock.

Cheers

172, Tiguan

If you buy a more expensive car from them they will offer you more.

If you just give the car to them, they will offer you a very low price.

Dealer trade for a year old cup with about 10000 is around £ 9000.

They will always try and clear about £1500 to £2000 on the re-sale.

Dont forget these guys are in business to make money. If you can sell privatley then you will get more for your car.

Always worth a haggle at a good dealer though. If they wont move on the PX value then see if you can get the difference off the list price of whatever it is your trying to buy.

If you dont get a good deal try somewhere else. A good garage for servicing etc dosent neccesarily have a good salesman. Buy a the best deal then take it where you trust for the work.

Yeah, cheers.

The problem is im not going to buy another (yet). Ive got an old sh*tter to run aroung in until I want to buy again. This means as suggested above - theyre not making more money selling me another one - so are basically saying theres the price take it or leave it. Ive tried a few dealers - none of them will match 8300!!

Selling privately is such a pain in the arse, Im just going to go down this route I reckon.

Ziel Nurburgring

Whats the score with the Reno finance company when you come to sell a car, do you have to clear the finance then sell the car privately?

Depends on the finance option.

If its Hire Purchase then you need to clear it first because it technically belongs to the finance company.

If you did manage to sell it on and stopped paying the finance, the finance company could take the car from the new owner leaving them with nothing.

This is why you should always do a HPI check when buying

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 24 February 2004

Whats the score with the Reno finance company when you come to sell a car, do you have to clear the finance then sell the car privately?
This is one of the reasons I want to just close it down with renault, because effectively Im selling it with finance outstanding. I owe 10200 on it so Im going to give them the motor and a nice fat chq for the balance.

Pain in the arse to explain to the purchaser and go through all the procedures of private sale, besides ive tried and peeps want the security of buying through a dealer IMO at this sort of price. How many people on here bought a 172 / Cup privately at 9 /10,000 quid, not many I bet.

Quote: Originally posted by CUP80Y on 24 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 24 February 2004

This is one of the reasons I want to just close it down with renault, because effectively Im selling it with finance outstanding. I owe 10200 on it so Im going to give them the motor and a nice fat chq for the balance.

Pain in the arse to explain to the purchaser and go through all the procedures of private sale, besides ive tried and peeps want the security of buying through a dealer IMO at this sort of price. How many people on here bought a 172 / Cup privately at 9 /10,000 quid, not many I bet.

Lots I bet, as you will still have a Renault warrenty on most of them.

If you can get a credit card with a high enough credit limit and 0% finance for 6 to 9 months, then you can deal with the Renault finance direct and pay it off using the card.

Then you can sell the car and pay of the credit card.

Easy enough and it will save you nearly 2 grand, with anything from 6 to 9 months to sell the car

You could even ask the buyer to make out a draft to the finance company for the amount you owe and then another draft for the extra over what you owe that you are asking for the car. Then the buyer knows that the car has been paid off and so do you, everyones a winner !

I did this when I sold my Corsa about 3 years ago, no problems at all.

Most of these cards are 3 to 5% minimum.

Thats going to be about 500 quid each month, but if you shift the car quickly thats no problem.

Your credit rating should be OK as you got the finance in the first place, but you will need to shop around to get a card with 10000 on it first go.

Have you had a credit card before? This can help as the more credit youve used and not defaulted on the better. This is how you build up a good credit rating.

You can apply for as many as you want online, try http://www.moneysupermarket.comwww.moneysupermarket.com

PS: important thing to note is that if you dont clear the amount by the end of the interest free period, some of the cards will then back date the interest to when you first had the card. Not all do this but some. My advice is clear it as soon as the car is sold and get shoot of the card if you dont need it.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by lastmanjackson on 25 February 2004

If you can get a credit card with a high enough credit limit and 0% finance for 6 to 9 months, then you can deal with the Renault finance direct and pay it off using the card.

Then you can sell the car and pay of the credit card.

Easy enough and it will save you nearly 2 grand, with anything from 6 to 9 months to sell the car
dont think this this will work because as far as I know you cannot pay off credit with credit i.e. you are not allowed to pay of a credit agreement by paying with another credit agreement. The only thing you can do with credit cards is transfer a balance from one credit card to another, this is different to paying off credit though, cant be done. thats why a credit card balance cannot be paid off by another credit card, it has to be either direct debit, cash or cheque! Sorry to put a damper on things.

Dont know where you got that idea as I have done this on many personal loans and agreements when I want to pay it off early.

These days they expect you to pay it off with some sort of credit card over the phone.

Having said that there may be some clause in the small print on some agreements but I would be surprised, you just never know with the Renault HP

MBNA give you balance transfer cheques so just write yourself a cheque, pay the money into your current account then pay the loan off from there. The loan comapny will never know.