ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What gear am I in?

The gearstick feels like its in 4th and the selector looks like it is too;

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161114_ab8ef5ac53e2e245d93d145be011c671.jpg

The 1+2 and 3+4 shafts are all neutral, but the 5th shaft is outwards;
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161114_f662af392abb874f5ed635082d5f466d.jpg
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161114_8c792b34e34e98dabc996b3eec1775e4.jpg
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161114_8aad1da0176bef37b84c372f90dddbee.jpg

Anyone able to help Identify if I am in 5th?

Cheers

Listerine & Poledo
Pictures haven't worked chap.

But if the gearstick is to the right of 3rd, then that'll be 5th.

Reverse is to the left of 1st

Pictures seem to be showing on my phone and work computer?
I am asking what gear I am in looking at the gearbox internals as such.
I somehow must of knocked the gearbox and one of the shafts (I believe) has moved, putting it in gear when the selector/gearstick is in a different position.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
That my friend is not in any gear at all! You've managed to get the selector hub to go beyond its usual position.

All is not lost though!! If you look inside the selector hub down the 3 relief grooves, you'll see that there's a spring clip. Get a thin electricians screwdriver and pry it inwards, but at the same time pushing the hub itself back down.

That should see the lever return to neutral.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
How do you even know that?

I'm just looking at that and going, yes... i see gears 😂

This :smile:

Well from that one picture I can see that it's not in reverse and it's definitely not in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th from the position of the shafts, and there's also a bit of wear on the synchro ring for 5th gear. 😂
If you zoom in on one of the images, you can see the spring clip that I am on about as well!

This is what comes from taking far to many jc5's apart!

Well from that one picture I can see that it's not in reverse and it's definitely not in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th from the position of the shafts, and there's also a bit of wear on the synchro ring for 5th gear. 😂
If you zoom in on one of the images, you can see the spring clip that I am on about as well!

This is what comes from taking far to many jc5's apart!
Wear on the synchro ring; is this bad wear? Or okay wear....