ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What exhaust for turbo 172

Passat TDi
Hi All, just looking for some advice I'm after an exhaust for my turbo 172 cup, ideally 2.5" system not crazy loud needs to be trackday legal must be single tipped ideally 3" I guess.

Cheers

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Any 2.5" or bigger with straight through construction silencers will be fine basically.

My turbo is a custom exhaust but has only one large rear silencer (magnex one IIRC) and that passes noise test everywhere I have been which is half the tracks in the uk nearly.

The turbo makes it a LOT quieter for noise tests.

Passat TDi
Any 2.5" or bigger with straight through construction silencers will be fine basically.

My turbo is a custom exhaust but has only one large rear silencer (magnex one IIRC) and that passes noise test everywhere I have been which is half the tracks in the uk nearly.

The turbo makes it a LOT quieter for noise tests.

Cheers bud I like the look of the K-tec one so will probably go with that. cheers for the input.

Passat TDi
Yeah I had a nosey on the web site and realised that, Ideally I would like 2.5" straight though no middle silencers at all just a back box.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah I had a nosey on the web site and realised that, Ideally I would like 2.5" straight though no middle silencers at all just a back box.

Im confident that will be fine noise wise, and if it isnt you always have the easy option to add an extra silencer.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
ive just put a 2.5" ktec stealth on my turbo 172 and its much better than my previous 2" system.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Dont suppose you guys have any pics of the above?

Yozza:
DSCF1735.jpg

Ktec stealth:
DSCF1499.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1

My ktec stealth had a middle silencer and a cat and sounded no noisier than an OE exhaust until cruising speeds where it had a god awful drone to it.

The yozza has a straight through centre section and no cat and is not that noisy now that it's turbod. Was very noisy when NA though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojtKquaP3FI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Countryman JCW
I had the Ktec stealth supersport on mine with the silence centre pipe and it was perfect... although with chip saying not to get that, im guessing there is a technical reason behind not having it?
Chip-mk1

Passat TDi
Simply just due to restrictions I believe, turbo cars aim to have as free flowing exhaust as possible as they do not rely on back pressure.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Here's my ktec recessed. Sound is lovely and only loud when flooring it, and almost silent on idle. For some reason quite unpopular, i think its the best looking for the 172.

my6ahasy.jpg

Passat TDi
Here's my ktec recessed. Sound is lovely and only loud when flooring it, and almost silent on idle. For some reason quite unpopular, i think its the best looking for the 172.

my6ahasy.jpg

I'd have to agree mate looks really good, is modding the bumper hard?