ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What exactly is Renault Clip

1.6 16v clio priv
Hi guys
I've had an OBD II reader for some time which allows me to pull basic diagnostic data from the car but recently I've been reading about the Renault Clip. I noticed reference to it in the Dialogys manuals for example since 4.2 can communicate with the clip software.

I thought it was just Renaults version of the OBD II reader but having looked at it on ebay I realised it must be much more than this since it has 3 cables and a box included.

Is it worth getting one of these.

I do like to tinker but I'm thinking its not going to give me much more (that I can use anyway) over the OBD II reader.

I'm also guessing the ebay version is going to be a cheap knock off, is it even possible to get a genuine one.

E46 M3
You can access all the onboard computers not just the engine ecu. It is very useful but a proper one will be over a grand.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Do not f**k about with CLIP if you don't know what you're doing. You can f**k up so many things so easily. It's also extremely expensive, and requires updates (££££) fairly often. Dodgy versions can be acquired but you need the correct interface which isn't cheap.