ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What don't you like about your car?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Just cleaning my car earlier and was thinking about a couple of bits that piss me off about it, these being the stone chips on the bonnet and the fact that when someone removed the extreme sticker on the side of my car they used a scouring pad and it's scratched and the pain has faded.

Anyone else hate something about their car?

W

wickedbitch

my only dislike about my 172 is the fact that most 172 drivers are w*****s:(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Reliably and always feels like it's going to break. More i drive it i realize how awful the driving position is.

Think when mine was new someone left the plastic protective stuff stuck on the renaultsport strip in the bottom of the doorframe (its the only explaination i can think of!) as there is a dull sticky residue stuck on it like when you take the label off a jam jar. Tried washing up liquid and a few other things on it but cant get it off..

2004 182 Black Gold
Think when mine was new someone left the plastic protective stuff stuck on the renaultsport strip in the bottom of the doorframe (its the only explaination i can think of!) as there is a dull sticky residue stuck on it like when you take the label off a jam jar. Tried washing up liquid and a few other things on it but cant get it off..

I had this... Use some swarfega and a cloth and it will come off!

I had this... Use some swarfega and a cloth and it will come off!

Excellent idea. Cheers. Was worried about what to use as the plastic/metal effect lettering seems pretty low grade and i didnt want to dissolve anything!!

Astra van,Mk1 nova
i hate the fact that the council re-tared a pavement next to where my car was and splatterd TAR on the wheels, sideskirt, door, doortrim, rear 1/4, bonnet, rear bumper, fog light and the front bumper:mad:

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Reliability, the fragility of the paint, general build quality, running costs. But I do love the handling, and the engine of course. Not mine anymore though, sold it today. Ah well, maybe have a 197 in a few years.

Humming from the Air con sensor, Lots of stonechips from my bonnet, and the fact that the aerial is soo long. All can be fixed. and will be soon.

Nawt!!!Off road Quad!
exhaust... and ride hieght.....but baught new springs,rear bumper and just got to get a new exhaust!
:D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I for one won't be buying a french performance car again. Honda FTW.

106 GTi
Stone chips, crap seating position and height, boat steering wheel. Wipers that go the wrong way as the lazy frogs could not be bothered to swap them round for RHD.

172 Cup
^ lol.

My n/s suspension squeak, stone chips, wheels need a refurb etc.

I also hate the way the wipers seem to have a mind of their own at times, it only seems to be a problem when the wiper switch is in it's slowest position and the stick is fully up. Strange.

Polo Bluemotion
The big scratch were someone keyed it, the numerous dents on my bonnet from stones, and the fact my car has a sunroof!! what a waste of time! :mad:

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
The fact that it's impossible to get even a thin hoover nozzle between the seats and the handbrake housing.

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
mines just fallin apart. had it two month and spent a killin on it tryin to keep it right. then i went and kurbed a wheel. never done that in my life! ffs!

1998 BMW e46 323i
Yeah:

1. exhaust is a bit farty, thinner steel than OEM.
2. rattles.
3. windscreen looks like it's been sandblasted at 80k odd.
4. clutch, biting point is HIGH.
5. alacantara is wearing away before my eyes.
6. rain sensors have a personality disorder.
7. wheels are kerbed; if i go within one metre of a kerb the rims are attracted like a flipping magnet to them. I've had loads of cars that I've not even kerbed once.
8. seating position is rubbish.
9. cupholders don't actually hold a cup! 2 cups ok, one = spilt drink.
10. turning circle is about 24 miles.

I could go on....

I do really like my car though, and have kept it for longer than any of my cars. 2000cc and about 170bhp in a tiny eeny weeny car is cool.

Mini Cooper S sport
There's nothing I don't like. Had loads of niggles with the 172 (wonky numberplate, smashed foglight, badly resprayed bumper scuff) but the 182 is fine.

There's a very faint scuff on the rear N/S bumper which would polish out, but that's it really.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
I think you can map those things somthing rotten can't you? Same engine as in the mondeo yeah?

1.2 Clio Dynamique (blue)
The fact that it's impossible to get even a thin hoover nozzle between the seats and the handbrake housing.

haha i agree.. its very hard to keep clean. and each side from a distance in sunlight looks like its been rubbed in circles by a scouring pad lol fs! looks terrible lol

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Stonechips on the bonnet, scratches here there and everywhere from previous owner (i uncovered loads on its first polish).

The fact that its a mk1 an it WILL break down one day soon lol and the rattles inside every journey. Oh and its a bit too slow for my liking, not to keen on the clutch either,

f**k IT, ITS SHITE! lol

I've got a Saxo VTS at the moment and have been looking at swapping it for a 182 or type R this year. After reading this Im almost certain to go for the Type R! Im sick of the french build quality with the Saxo (rattles, squeaks, knocks etc...), so reading this has made me realise I dont want it all again!

Mondeo TDCI 130
I've got a Saxo VTS at the moment and have been looking at swapping it for a 182 or type R this year. After reading this Im almost certain to go for the Type R! Im sick of the french build quality with the Saxo (rattles, squeaks, knocks etc...), so reading this has made me realise I dont want it all again!

noooooooooooooo dont do it! From a VTS to a 182 you will love it!!!!!:evil: