ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does this little light mean :(

Monaco 172 2/468
DSC00362.jpg

Monaco 172 2/468
No mate, just a standard cat... could the cat be knackered ?

Wasn't on this evening then I used it about 30 mins ago and it was on then, not sure if the cold has done something, it was -2 :dapprove:

its maybe one of the lambada sensors failed? see if its still on in the morning, sometimes they go out and you never see them again apparently

clio 172 exclusive n
hi mate had this on my car

took it for diagnosis they said lamba sensor was on its way out they reset the diagnostics on the car and it was fine for about 3 weeks then it came back on

in the end i coughed up the money for a new sensor and had it done its now been 2 weeks and its still off hoping it dosent come on again i believe it was 60-70 quid for sensor roughly 15-20 for labour and 30 quid for original diagnosis

best bet is take it to sum1 with a diagnosis machine usaully costs 30-35 squid to put it on there but itll give the garage some codes and these will tell them whats up with your car then your mind can be at rest :)

u never know it could be summin more serious but half the time its the lamba sensor as the guy above said also they sometimes go out by there selves but my car was newish to me and i wanted to get it sorted

nice1 mate

Monaco 172 2/468
Cheers for the info guys, it seems like it's still on today :dapprove:

What will happen if I don't get this fixed, can it wait a bit ? Sod spending £100 if it's just the light that will bother me hehe

M2 Competition
Means something is up with your exhaust chain. Could be a leak in the exhaust, lambda sensor, cat etc etc.

Will affect your mpg as could cause it ro run rich, but other than that the car will still run.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
As said, exhaust emmisions warning light. Mine was pre cat lambda although mine too has gone off, then on, then went off again. Its not getting used until January now so ill get one then. £45 per lambda if you shop around and the warning light should go out after 3 cold starts.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
Actually you are all wrong, it can mean many different things, with mine it lit up and remained on when i had my throttle circuit warning comming off and on, and it stayed on until i removed the throttle circuit warning code 0120

BMW M135i
It wants the fault codes reading basically, you need to know whats causing it before you can repair the problem. I could read/clear them for you but your a bit far away.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
mine pops one every few months i just stop the car start it up again and it goes off straight away