ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does "SERV" light mean??

Ultra Red Clio 197
Hi

Just want to make sure that this is nothing serious.. But there is a light on my dash thats come on that says "SERV" been on for a couple of weeks... I just wondered if anyone can tell me what it means? :S

Im guessing its the car telling me it needs a service, but that was done about 2500 miles ago.

Do I have to bring the car to a Renault garage or can anyone turn that off?

Cheers. ;)

The SERv light only comes on when there a problme nothing to do with services.

Usualy accompanied with another light if not check oil.

It need to be plugged inot the Renault computer realy for the fault to be found.

It has been covered many times before.

Mountune Tractor
Give the wires a wiggle under your passneger seat. Normally comes on with the airbag light and it's a common fault.

Clio MK 4
I was about to send a post about serv light with airbag lol. was driving yesterday and it came on which i thought this cant be happening lol as i just bought car on saturday. Stayed on for 15 mins and then just turned off.

So it aint serious?? So you wiggle the wires ye? Where abouts are they under which seat?

RB 200 Cup!
feel around for the airbag connector and just see if it feels loose - same thing happend on mine a few months ago - not a big thing - bit like when a computer cable comes looose give it a wiggle and jobs a good un

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Under the passanger and drivers seat, you cant miss them when you look under there. My old car went back to renault to have a new plug fitted, which was a much better fit.

Never had a problem after that.

Clio MK 4
so when the light comes on does that mean airbags wont work? or will they still work as its just loss connection for the dashboard

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
No if the light is on all airbags a disengaged, so if in a crash non will go off.

Its not a major problem it seems that the plugs can work themselves loose over time and just need to be checked every so often.

I dont have that problem any more, but that is down to the Recaros which dont have the airbags fitted. LOL

mk4 golf gttdi180
prob been said but take the connectopr plug of and solder them together its the shiotty connetions in the plug no probs after

No if the light is on all airbags a disengaged, so if in a crash non will go off.

Its not a major problem it seems that the plugs can work themselves loose over time and just need to be checked every so often.
The plugs a poor design the answer has been posted many times before but the airbags light should also throw the airbag light not just the serv one

Fix is stated here. http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108607

The airbags will come on even if the lights on though.