ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what does everyone else think?

i've found a valver for sale locally(ish) and would just like everyone else's opinion on it.

its a mk1 J reg (91), blue, 66k on the clock, no log book, only mods are some neon’s underneath (those are coming straight off though! :) ), a pipercross kit on the engine and a momo steering wheel.

I must admit it doesn’t look like its been well looked after, but i guess that’s reflected in the price. He says there’s only a small bit of rust on one of the rear arches and the other has been repaired. the other thing that concerns me a bit is that it has had 15 owners in 15 years.

now i thought that 66k for that age car was suspicious, but I’ve had it HPI checked, and they say the mileage doesn’t differ from what Swansea has so i guess its not too bad?

i haven’t driven it yet (hopefully tomorrow) but i just wanted to know what everyone else thought?

i wouldnt say its a chavs car ( i hate chavs!! ), he sounds all right the lad when i've spoken to him on the fone its just the fact that this valver is in my price range and its got low mileage.

A number of clios
never buy a car with no log book mate always bad news, scott 16v on here is selling his its a nice clean motor

Ziel Nurburgring
Steer clear, Its stink of being stitched up.

Try this forum or get over to the williamsclio or clio16v forums and buy one from there. Sounds like a hole waiting to have cash poured into it

(Also, if it doesnt have the logbook/V5 how do you know its only 15 owners?)

p3rcy1 said:
never buy a car with no log book mate always bad news, scott 16v on here is selling his its a nice clean motor

yeah but i bet he wants a nice tidy price for it too! :) money is the big issue at the min!
i reckon i get away with paying under £675 for this car ive seen, where as all the other are like £1000 + for something that has 85k + mileage.

blink172 said:
Steer clear, Its stink of being stitched up.

Try this forum or get over to the williamsclio or clio16v forums and buy one from there. Sounds like a hole waiting to have cash poured into it

(Also, if it doesnt have the logbook/V5 how do you know its only 15 owners?)

it does have the V5 just not the log book. i had it HPI checked and it all came back good. the HPI check says how many previous owners there are :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
15 owners in 15 years? I've got a Mini Clubman which has had 8 owners in 26years!

it does have the V5 just not the log book.

V5 = logbook. I presume you mean servce book.

DarthCake said:
15 owners in 15 years? I've got a Mini Clubman which has had 8 owners in 26years!

V5 = logbook. I presume you mean servce book.

i know its a bit of a worry isnt it!

yeah thats quite possibly it :D stupid me!

basically what im saying is there's no service history for it! :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I'd be very worried. Personally mate, I'd save up a bit longer and find a better example. I think you run the risk of being sucked into a huge money pit with a car you don't know and have no paperwork of its history. :(

Ziel Nurburgring
Yup, totally agree with Si. Even my Beetle from 1972 only had 5 owners and this will just drain your pocket quicker than a heroin addiciton.

If you really want to buy it, pay £100 or whatever and get it RAC/AA inspected.

RB182cup&golf gti
hot hatches tend to change hands quite frequently but 15 owners does seem excessive - wouldnt read anything into the mileage - i'd happily by one with 130k on if there was evidence of proper servicing - 60k does sound suspiciously low, but means jack all unless there's service history. Usually people get rid of the car is shite. from what you've said i wouldnt buy it, sounds like problems to me

so it sounds like a no no then. :( i was thinking about taking a mech friend of mine with me when i go look at it.

i've just looked at autotrader and there are 2 really nice examples near me, but both over £1000, and i cant stretch to that. :( prob this month about £800 max if i wait another month then maybe £1400 but im the worst person in the world for waiting. lol no paitents what so ever!

so with all thats been said......does anyone know someone who has a valver for sale thats sub £800?

I wouldn't bother with it tbh - 15 owners in 15 years is loads:eek:
Tbh, if you can't afford to pay a grand (or there abouts) how will you afford it if it goes wrong ?:S (they aren't the cheapest car to work on, although they aren't overly bad, but some bits are expensive)

The J reg one sounds well dodgy to me - so if you did get it I bet you'd never have it on the road as it would prob need repairing every 5 minutes:rolleyes:

If I were you i'd save up a bit more till i had the cash to get a good example.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
£675 isn't going to buy you much. You are almost near 1k..I'd continue saving and buy a better looked after / non dodgy model. This sounds too suspect!

Also valvers aren't that cheap to run. Have you considered this if money is tight?

Tyson.

Tyson-182 said:
£675 isn't going to buy you much. You are almost near 1k..I'd continue saving and buy a better looked after / non dodgy model. This sounds too suspect!

Also valvers aren't that cheap to run. Have you considered this if money is tight?

Tyson.

yeah but sooooo impatient its not funny! :(

yeah i know how expensive they are, although ive just seen how much tax is!! :O bugger me!