ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you think could be wrong??????

Blue Clio 182
Right ive got a 55 plate 1.2 16v dynamique and about 3 weeks ago it was losing power in almost every gear, for example going round a corner in 2nd up a slight hill it almost cuts out and i have to change into 1st or waiting at a roundabout it nearly stalls and when i set off it's like someone is pushing me then all of a sudden it's shoots forward like turbo has kicked in, even on the motorway in 5th gear it's jerking and i have to change into 3rd some times, anyway booked it into vardy's and they said nothing is wrong as that machine things hasnt come up with anything, So i picked it up and took it home and the drive was awful it was like driving a really old car not a 55 plate, A few people ive spoke to say it's sound like thotle body (or something:dapprove: ) another said spark plugs, But what do i do if vardys say nothing is wrong, it's under warranty but thats no good it they cant find the answer, Help I love my car and love driving it but at the moment i hate it... Sarah.xx

Blue Clio 182
What would you do, vardys wont touch it ive got renault assistance AA thing when i bought the car should i ring them!! is it safe t drive until i get it sorted!!

al

ST on the way...
I'd get it back to vardys hun and play pop with them!

If they are claiming theres nothing wrong, you could try another dealer, they will all do warranty work.

If your still getting no joy after that, Renault customer services is pretty good.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
If its still ok to come next week to the meet we could have a look and a listern for you.

but yes al is right try another dealership

BMW 330D
sounds like the throttle body. mate had the same problem with her car power would just go then come back. Take it back to them and demand they fix it!. Hope ya get it sorted.

Last edited:
  Blue Clio 182
I'm gunna get it booked in, coz i'm a lass they think they can fob me off I got brand new car coz i didnt want to be forever at the garage, should have sticked with my 03 clio didnt have any probs with that, Thanks for your replies, just drove it this morning and it's only happened once, (would be when i was overtaking :eek: )

yeah can have a listen on wednesday coz it's sounds really loud and the gear stick shakes like mad.Sarah.x

www.renparts.co.uk
Does sound like a throttle body issue. In theory it would come up on the fault finder though. Ill have a look at it on wednesday for you if i come down. They do seem to have a lot o issues with the trottle body. Whats the idle like on startup?
ta
josh

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Billytheclio said:
I'm gunna get it booked in, coz i'm a lass they think they can fob me off I got brand new car coz i didnt want to be forever at the garage, should have sticked with my 03 clio didnt have any probs with that, Thanks for your replies, just drove it this morning and it's only happened once, (would be when i was overtaking :eek: )

yeah can have a listen on wednesday coz it's sounds really loud and the gear stick shakes like mad.Sarah.x

yeah, corse we will give us a ride as well round the car park or were ever we go and we will listern to it, hope billy gets well soon tho ;)

Blue Clio 182
Just rang reg vardy and they cant get me in until the 19th October what a joke!! I dont really wanna be drivng him coz i might make him worse plus he's dangerous and i stalls him at every traffic light which makes me look like a cant drive:mad:

Can i take him somewhere else??:rolleyes:

al

ST on the way...
You can take him to ANY renault dealer.

Next nearest is Reg Vardy in Rotherham.
or Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield
or Dixon (tossers) in Barnsley

Blue Clio 182
I think i will have to cant drive him until the 19th i'd either kill myself or him, I have got renault assistance and the servicing bloke at vardys said to ring them and if they think it's not drivable they would tow it to the nearest garage and supply me with a car, have you used renault assistance??

al

ST on the way...
Billytheclio said:
I think i will have to cant drive him until the 19th i'd either kill myself or him, I have got renault assistance and the servicing bloke at vardys said to ring them and if they think it's not drivable they would tow it to the nearest garage and supply me with a car, have you used renault assistance??
Renault Assistance is the AA and they're not too bad, probably the best course of action.

If you get taken to dealers you need to insist on a courtesy car.

*edit* Just realised you said 19th of October?!?! Thats taking the piss big style!!

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
^^^it is a bit im sure you can get a better appointment then that for him from another dearler :)

Blue Clio 182
I think they said the 19th of october coz they have had it in twice before and cant find a fault, but they are only keeping it a couple of hours parked up with the engine on, they need to take it for a drive to understand what I mean,

had a right arguement with the woman at vardys, I told her it's been in twice and that i rely on my car to get me to and from work (and i need it for doing nothing but drive around at night heehee) so i asked if i could have a certesy car, she said you can only have a certesy car if the car is less that 12mths old and still uner warrenty,so i said well it not officially 1 until december and it's under warrenty until 2008 and she didnt know what to say so she said well it will be even longer if you want a car coz they are all booked up, they really take the p**s, they make everything sound good when you buy a new car then when something goes wrong they dont wanna know

al

ST on the way...
Renault customer services it is then - 0800 072 3372.

Explain the problem and what you've already done to them and they may speak to the dealer in question.

Blue Clio 182
Cheers Al i'll get on to them at lunch time, i'm never gunna reg vardy again, comes to something when a girl is having to tell mechanics something is wrong with a car!!:mad:

al

ST on the way...
Billytheclio said:
Cheers Al i'll get on to them at lunch time, i'm never gunna reg vardy again, comes to something when a girl is having to tell mechanics something is wrong with a car!!:mad:

It's ok, they didn't beleive me when I had problems either untill I took the mechanic on a test drive and the response came......."oh yeah".

Let me know how you get on, Renault Customer Services are meant to be pretty good so they should sort it out for you one way or another :)

Blue Clio 182
I will let you know how i get on, hopefully it will be sorted this week, dont really wanna be driving to the 3 regions meet if he's playing up, have to go in adele's car, so we should be there saturday night if we set off at lunch time!! hee-hee:rasp:

al

ST on the way...
Billytheclio said:
I will let you know how i get on, hopefully it will be sorted this week, dont really wanna be driving to the 3 regions meet if he's playing up, have to go in adele's car, so we should be there saturday night if we set off at lunch time!! hee-hee:rasp:

Lol!! ;)

Are you convoying with us?

A Fcukin Car
Billytheclio said:

Excuse me, I believe I was with you all the way down to Trax unlike some others!!

:p

al

ST on the way...
I think Gaz said we'd have to meet at Wooley Edge Services (M1 North) at 8.30 to set off at 9.

SO we could meet there at 9.

Blue Clio 182
Well I rang renault and they sent the AA out, the very nice man took is for a spin and was a bit unsure what is was (billy was being good and drove fine typical, like a poorly child when you take it to the doctors all it does is want to play in the play area) so he plugged this machine thingy in and asked me to drive it while he messed about for a bit sure enough he did it coz i shouted at him:mad: , He said it it showing that it's the throttle position sensor that has gone, going, broke whatever he said and that i shouldnt drive it, So he's booked in on thursday for his operation

Said the reason for this is because on 55 plate clios were made when the new shape came out and they use the same organs (parts) as the new shape, so problems with 55 or even campus's are more common, Something i wish i new before i bought him :mad:

A Fcukin Car
Billytheclio said:
Well I rang renault and they sent the AA out, the very nice man took is for a spin and was a bit unsure what is was (billy was being good and drove fine typical, like a poorly child when you take it to the doctors all it does is want to play in the play area) so he plugged this machine thingy in and asked me to drive it while he messed about for a bit sure enough he did it coz i shouted at him:mad: , He said it it showing that it's the throttle position sensor that has gone, going, broke whatever he said and that i shouldnt drive it, So he's booked in on thursday for his operation

Said the reason for this is because on 55 plate clios were made when the new shape came out and they use the same organs (parts) as the new shape, so problems with 55 or even campus's are more common, Something i wish i new before i bought him :mad:

Yup, very nice indeed, smelt nice too;)

Blue Clio 182
Benson03 said:
Yup, very nice indeed, smelt nice too;)

Ummmm and i got his mobile number, Checked his hand and no wedding ring, I could smell is aftershave on my selt belt pad thing!!! ummmmmmmmmmm:eek: