ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Do Valvers Come With As Standard

Power Steering, Front Electric Windows, Alloys, ABS, Sunroof

Remote Central Locking? Alarm? Immob?

What other things should I expect when i go to look at one on friday?

its a 1994/M if that makes a difference

Cheers fellas

Ad

well i own a M reg 16v and basically just comes with what u said above , and most likely none of it works correct :p

You named most of it mate. Not too keen on ABS myself but there you go.

make sure its got a good history and do a HPi check its worth every penny.

Good luck

mike

cool, cheers guys

not sure if it has leather or not, my boss didnt mention it (his car), i hope it has! how difficult is it to get hold of/install leather into the car?

i know that the car has a little bit of history but not that much tho.

will let u guys know the outcome!

clio 16v leather if you can find it(very doubtful)would be easy to fit.very very rare

you can mon R19 16v leather to fit the clio its a bit of hassle but worth it

leather to some people is desirable, i was one it took 8 months to find a decent naples red valver with leather. Not too difficult to get hold of, its just being in the rite place at the right time but it is expensive.

Shouldnt worry personally bout car history lacking in places. Go with your gut feeling mate. Some valvers are armed to the teeth with full renault service history etc etc and then turn out to be right crappers. Mine on the other hand had none and turned out to be a minter, had it 9months and no probs yet. Some valvers are good ones some bad, go with your gut feeling mate.

Ive got leather - Id say well under 10% of Valvers have it and it seems to be more popular on Phase 2 models. You would be lucky to find the 16v in the colour of your choice with leather. I wanted leather a lot, so plumped for a Pearlescent Black Phase 2, rather than the Xerus Grey I really wanted. It is possible to retro-fit 19 16v leather, but its not as "authentic";)

Most things youd consider that a 2003-edition middle spec car would have are on the Valver: heated electric mirrors, roof and windows; height/lumbar drivers seat; remote locking/alarm; fogs (the mark of a high-spec car back in the day!); fair stereo; temperature gauge; more ashtrays; some better plastics etc...

I would consider that a big folder of bills is better than FSH (or even better - both!). Bills will tell you that important (and expensive) things have been done or not.

leather was a £700 option from renault, so i found out on here the other day.

i was in the right place at the right time as i picked up an m reg blue one with leather, and it was spanking (has a couple of scratches now from b*stard kids crashing in to it on push bikes)

also some of the later ones have an air bag aswell, my mates is a late M reg and its got one, mines an early M reg and it hasnt.

BMW 320d Sport

electric mirrors, roof and windows standard.leather, metallic and ABS options. Early phase 1 had better seats (IMHO) that were more bucket like but no height or lumbar adjustment. Rattles and squeaks from the cheap plastic trim are a standard feature. Optional is a roof gulley that is designed to channel water right into your lap if you make a left turn with the window slightly open when its raining....oh no thats standard!

cheers for all the input guys

im guessing that the 1994/M is a phase 2 model? so is this more likely to have leather than a phase 1?

IIRC my boss said its met blue, so if it doesnt have leather, how hard will it be to find leather to match the interior?

Cheers

Ad

Willy2

go with the 19 leather its cheaper and easier to fit, you will only get 19 leather in black, grey is the colour of valver leather, but either one will match as there is black plastic trim on top of the clocks and black carpet. Granted there is more grey, but ive done the 19 leather option and it looks good! I have to retrim the cloth inserts on the door panels now.

mine is a phase 1 with leather & ABS ......... i like the leather...but not in grey...i would prefer it if it was black, so im thinking of a re-trim one day . as for the ABS........well i wanted one with ABS...........if my last car had ABS fitted it wouldnt have ended up down the scrap yard so soon & i wouldnt have spent a week in hospital !!!

anyone heard of heated seats in a clio................& has anyone ever seen a clio 16v with air con ???

& nick Read...........my phase 1 leather seat (drivers only) has height & lumbar adjustment !!!

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 07 May 2003

Phase1 & 2 leather seats are from the 19 16v - theyre not re-trimmed Clio 16v units!
????????????? what ???????????? sorry.....dont understand your point there !!!