ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do u think these mods will achieve?

Trophy #392
This is what I am going to do to my 172 cup it's on a 53 plate just want opinions of what u think the bhp will be after. It has been well service so shouldn't have lost too much power from factory:

Full exhaust system (decat)
Matched inlets
Engine dynamics cams
Map to suit
Brembo hc's
Ferado ds2500

I no the last to won't effect power but all the better drivability

Stripped yozza'd cup
Who's doing the mapping? I also have no idea what those cams are like but I'd say 185-187 or so, maybe 190 if youre lucky.

260% JCW
They dont seem to make anywhere near factory claims from dyno runs posted on here, exhaust filter ect wont see much. Cams seem to make a bigger increase. Try searching matey.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Be happy with the drive and keep this in mind;

If your car makes more than the book figures, CS will tell you the rollers are s**t/broken

If your car makes under book, your car is broken/the timing's out/their's a cat chewing at the cambelt

Megane 225 F1
Gotta love cs.

My 1.4 made 116 on the rollers with induction and exhaust. That car was a beast.

Stripped yozza'd cup
To be honest mate, peak figures aren't going to be your biggest gain from that, the mid range power and driveability will be massively better, assuming your cams aren't too aggressive.

Trophy #392
Apperantly the cams will make 206hp with matched inlets induction and exhaust I think that's all but that would be a massive difference in power i no it wouldn't reach that tho probably about 190s ain't it?

Stripped yozza'd cup
As I said, depends how aggressive the cams are...
I'll make myself a hat, just so I can eat it, if you come back with 206hp.
I believe the best figure out of 428 cams is 193 with those mods, so I'd expect results to be similar.

Trophy #392
I'd be happy with gains up to the 190s these are the cams in question it mentions something about
The camshafts*can be fitted with all OEM parts such as springs and retainers, however we do offer an uprated valve spring set for those that wish to increase the engines revlimit, this is advised to prevent valve bounce / float.* A new set of hydraulic lifters is also recommended, but not always essential.
would that be expensive?
http://www.engine-dynamics.com/epag...roducts/"Clio Sport Performance Camshaft kit"

"Navy" N17 TWO
My 172 got 183.6 on the rollers - standard ... and that was before I even added the CS sticker - which is 15bhp on it's own lol :rasp: