ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do those 000000's on the display mean when you start up a ph1 172?

ph quick
Just wondered what the 0000000's on the display where the mileage is shown mean when you start the car up... Recently my last digit has changed to a _ so 000000_ is this some kind of fault code?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Re: What do those 000000's mean when you start up a ph1 172 mean?

it's means your oil has gone down slightly. It's an oil gauage, ph2's say "oil ok"

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
no it's just a a guage 0_______ would mean feck all oil 0000____ would mean half full and 00000000 means full, so your one notch down from being full, just check your dipstick might need a slight bit of oil.

FF 182
yes thats right if you press your resey button in ph2 then it comes up with the circles. when it is like 00000000 then its full. like 000_ _ _ its half full. and _ _ _ _ _ _ its got minimum oil level!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm a world of knowledge on cliosports just from this site.

FF 182
its not good when it goes to _ _ _ _ _ _ _. then the service light comes up. Not that i have ever experienced that!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
or if you read the manual it tells you all about the trip computer displays.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
What about the the Ph2?... OIL OK means its fine?... when would i know when to fill it up? apart from checking with the oil stick?