ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do i trust?

192'd BG 182 FF
Hi guys,
My fuel light now comes on when the petrol needle is still saying 1/4 tank left. When i put the car into diagnostic mode (hold trip button and turn on) it says i have about 17 liters left in the tank. So, yeah, what should i trust? the fill up light or the gauge?

Thanks,
Lee.

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Fill the car up now and see how many litres you can get in, tank holds 10 gallons as far as I know

If its saying 17 litres you should be able to get around 25-28 litres in her

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
My fuel light doesn't come on until the needle is pretty much touching the bottom red line. Then it reads 34 mile left in the tank on trip and usually around 4-5 litres on the trip computer.

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Mines the same, gets between 32 and 36 ( think it depends on mpg ) then light comes up

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My fuel light doesn't come on until the needle is pretty much touching the bottom red line. Then it reads 34 mile left in the tank on trip and usually around 4-5 litres on the trip computer.

Same, was the same on my first 1.2 Clio also. Always give myself 30 miles after the light comes on, if you were desperate and driving conservatively.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The gauge.

Iirc the light comes on in correspondence to how many miles your trip computer says you have weft before fill up

Jap Box
When the fuel light comes on I usually go by 50 miles left. Only once has that let me down and I ended up 100yds from a petrol station.

As people have said, fill the tank and see how much you can get in. When the tank is full does the needle to above the height or stay as normal?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I can honestly say throughout my ownership of Clios I have never had the fuel light come on lol.

Usually once I'm at about half-quarter full then I just fill it back up to the brim.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
When the fuel light comes on I usually go by 50 miles left. Only once has that let me down and I ended up 100yds from a petrol station.

As people have said, fill the tank and see how much you can get in. When the tank is full does the needle to above the height or stay as normal?

You dont have a Clio though?