ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what digital camera??

artic blue 182
hiya guys

looking at buying a new digital camera ...compact not SLR

budget is about £180

any recommendations? and sample pics would be good

did buy a canon ixus 60 from amazon but think i am gonna send it back not really that impressed tbh pics on my 4mp kodak (in the sale section;) ) seem better

thanks in advance

dave

Megane225FF
I bought a pentax optio summat 6MP from pc world a few months back for £99, it works fine for me. But I'm only a beginner...

Focus ST
Look at the DSC range on Sony.

I've had a couple and currently use DSC 120. Really good quality and excellent battery.

Hopefully getting the DSC W100 soon.

artic blue 182
Gweebs said:
Look at the DSC range on Sony.

I've had a couple and currently use DSC 120. Really good quality and excellent battery.

Hopefully getting the DSC W100 soon.

nice that w100 ..was a toss up originally between the w50 and ixus 60

I have an ixus 50 - class camera - all you have to do is read the reviews to see why. Ixus 60 is basically the same with bigger screen and 6mp instead of 5 - its truely compact lol!

Has some fun features to like my colours... meaning you can chage the colour of objects, make everything black and white bar one colour etc.

indoors pic with no flash and 33% of original size - taken in normal settings before i realised I should have had it on superfine!

cfa35b63.jpg

how come u didnt find the ixus 60 good for pics?? im getting geat results with the 50!!

and as said - reviews have been all positive!!

artic blue 182
JJ! said:
how come u didnt find the ixus 60 good for pics?? im getting geat results with the 50!!

and as said - reviews have been all positive!!

dunno mate maybe its just me but cant really tell a lot of difference between the 4mp kodak and 6mp ixus...colours dont seem as bright very pocketable though:D

Polo + Micra
yeah i just got the ixus 65

it's ok for £215 i thought

comes with some nice features

artic blue 182
like the tango pics JJ l

thanks for the replies guys maybe i will stick with the ixus 60 off to drayton manor tomorrow so will give it a good try out:D

Good plan.... go try it on the different settings, mess around with it lots, take pics on largest setting and on superfine.

artic blue 182
JJ! said:
Good plan.... go try it on the different settings, mess around with it lots, take pics on largest setting and on superfine.

will do might even read the manual lol

like the idea of taking all the colours bar 1 out looks cool

silver valver/hybrid
yeah, i used a slightly slower shutter speed to catch the water in motion, i did have a polorising filter so i could use an even longer shutter speed but it got lost/stolen with my first p200:dapprove: