ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What cutting compound?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi
Im gonna be fixing a few scratches and need a cutting compound to use once ive gone over the area with wet n dry.
Would Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish be strong enough to use?
thanks
Jimmy

106 GTi
Megs 83, Poorboys SSR 2.5, or Menzerna Intensive Polish shouid all have enough bite. The I.P will work best but the SSR 2.5 will be the easist to use.

Some have removed wet sanding marks just with Scratch X by hand.

Skoda Fabia vRS
personally id get SSR 2.5, especially in this heat, #83 will make you want to smash things with how hard it is to remove in this weather it sets on your paintwork like concrete, SSR 2.5 wipes off with ease even in direct sunlight

i used SSR 2.5 today in direct sun on my mates Saxo bonnet, wiped off easy

id also recommend getting a Lake Country VC Yellow Pad as this will give the SSR 2.5 extra bite
http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=9178

i used the Orange pad today and it was working, but i used the yellow and it worked a lot better

followed the SSR 2.5 on yellow LC pad with SSR 1 on a Sonus white polishing pad and the results and ease of use were fantastic