ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What could have caused this crack in bumper??

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Just went to put stuff in my boot only to see this crack/split in my bumper.

Absolutely gutted but i have no idea how it got there! No evidence of a shunt and can't remember even parking the car where it could have even happened.

Anyone seen this before and how much would you say to repair please?

Gutted tonight

Oh and it wasn't my cat!

Attachments

• 20180822_192549.jpg
    20180822_192549.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 219
  • 20180822_220739.jpg
    20180822_220739.jpg
    616.5 KB · Views: 175
  Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Recently ive noticed the car vibrating a bit at idle, like the exhaust is touching something, it comes and goes and seems worse on hot day.

If i put my foot onto exhaust pipe the vibration goes away which tells me the exhaust may need dropping slightly as its rubbing against something.

The car has been lowered a fair bit and I'm now thinking this was caused by a nasty ramp. I came out of bluewater shopping centre Monday evening and had to drive over those awful alligator teeth on exit, it didn't sound pleasant! I noticed a knocking from rear of car the following day which must be related to the the crack.

Occasionally i have heard my exhaust hit ramps and i just wonder if these teeth hit my exhaust which such force that it caused the bumper to crack?

Seems like a mad theory but i honestly don't believe it has been shunted.

What sort of marks are around the exhaust cut outs in the bumper? Wouldnt that be the only place it would make contact with? Tbf I doubt it would have enough force to make a tear like that. Someone must of slammed the boot down like a gorilla ?