ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Components These Days...

Looking into putting a new system together, this one seems to be getting quite 'out of date'. I used to follow the changes in processors a long while back, keeping with the latest etc, but ive no idea at all what is around these days.

My current system is: Pentium 4 @ 3.0Ghz, 2.5Gb DDR3200, ATI Radeon 9550, 160Gb SATA HDD

Ive never needed masses of space on here, as I have a machine in the garage with TB's+ of space, where I store everything....As I use my MacBook alot also, so need files on both.

Obviously the above components are 'old technology' now, and its not really slow to use...Although, the more video editing and image related stuff I do these days, it runs too slow for my liking....

For example rendering an 8min HD movie took like 4 hours...not even on half of the quality it could have been...

I was going to post this on the OCUK forums, but it seems registrations are activated manually, so thought il post on here too...

I may not buy components new, but im just after a general idea of whats out these days. Not really looking to paying silly money, just need Motherboard/Processor/Memory/Graphics I guess....

Cheers!