ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what colour to paint brake callipers?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Black or silver for most colours.
Standard calipers look crap so don't draw attention to them, just make them tidier.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Black IMO.

Unless they are monster Brembo's or something a bit special, I think it's best to keep them nice and subtle.

clio 182 sport
i disagree with the standard brakes look crap comment my callipers look smart with my silver alloys on my silver 182. they are yellow.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Just refurbed a set and painted them red. I think they look great on the car with anthracite turinis!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
the GTI mk V has red calipers (for example) and they're nothing special but look good though. so can't go so wrong in painting them like this. yeah it depends on the colour of the car a little - if you're yellow or green then probably red won't cut it- otherwise black suits every colour if you don't want to take a risc
I got mine painted red-a darker shade of red- (car is blue) and doesn't look bad

Clio 2.0 16v 172 Sport
thanks for the suggestions guys, my clio is black. thinking maybe red. anyone got any photos of theirs in red?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Don't go red. Red makes it look like you're trying to have Brembo.
not quite true.. I know many cars having red calipers out of factory without having brembo's. brembo are also yellow, bronze, even black.

to the OP- you'll find pics around here with painted calipers in many colours so take a look and decide
I painted red the calipers of a mate's clio 172 (black) and he was very pleased with the result. And even if they're not brembo they do look good. just don't get a bright shade of red imo
edit: easiest way to do it: wirebrush, degrease and two coats of hammerite using a small brush.