ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What color brake calipers?

Clio RS ph1
As I'm changing my front disks and pads this weekend I thinking of painting my calipers while i`m at it.
But I can`t make up my mind on what color to choose.:S
I`m thinking of yellow or silver. My 172 is on black wheels at te moment so yellow will be cool. But during the summer it`s on silver F1`s....

Anyway here`s a pic of my car. Opinions, photoshop`s or pictures of car`s with the calipers painted, everything will help.:D

IMG_7291.jpg

RB Clio 182 Cup
Silver, or something dark/neutral. Anything colourfull suggests you are a tool that thinks you have huge powerfull brakes to show off

BG 182 FF
Silver or black as you will change to silver F1's in the summer, if you kept the black ones on yellow would work imo

Clio RS ph1
I decided to go the silver route for obvious reasons :approve:
Will post some pics tomorrow of the result.

Clio RS ph1
Because these have wintertires on them. And I have a set of silver 16" F1`s for the summer. But i`m also thinking of white 2118`s for the summer:evil:

Imo if you are going to put white or sliver alloys on I would go for black calipers because it will look better then sliver on sliver or sliver on white.

Clio RS ph1
Looks great. How long did they take to dry?

Thanks!

I applied two layers, the second one after 20min. Then had a cup of coffie, cleaned up, and drove a few miles to get home.
After that I didn`t use the car for 24 hours. The guide advised to dry the caliper paint for 24 hours, but when I drove home the paint allready felt dry.