ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Coilovers For 182 For Megga Low?

Black Clio 182
right im wondering what coilovers would be best to get for a 182 so that it could go low... i dont mean like 50-60mm... i mean 80mm plus :)

b/g 182, meg tourer
i have no idea, 'low' is not always the most comfortable or most well performing setup.
in my opinion -50mm front and -40mm rear is perfect. i wouldn't go much lower. 60mm max.

i would guess that gaz lower by atleast -70mm (have seen some very low on here but stories of a harsh ride, no supprise being that low really)

Black Clio 182
yeah dont worry im used to harsh rides haha!

had my old 1.2 clio 60mm, then my fiesta st was around 100mm and now the TT is about 60mm i thinks.

if it is looks over go, i would suggest FKs mate. the ones F0xy had could take after-market springs, allowing for a lot more lowering. think around 110mm on the rears IIRC

jamie

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mines about 70mm or something on H&Rs but gaz go lower but the ride is suppose to be shocking so ive heard

Porsche Boxster987S
mines pretty low on gaz coilys. rubs like a b**ch. Got loads to be wound down but i think this heights enough

S1050489.jpg

RB 182 cup
mines on gaz and its quite low and its not harsh at all once i got the shockers set right

TTRS & V50
howz about cut springs!!

lmao.

pretty much all coilovers go too low, so yeah pick any apart from cheapy ones as they dont go as low as most.

but im pretty sure that everyone on this forum as thread left to go lower, but they choose not to, due to rubbing and safety.

Mk2 172
Think the rears on the AST setup can go 4 inches lower :) due to rear coilovers. Wouldnt recommend it tho!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
AST's without a doubt, can go 100mm lower than these pics too on the threads!! undriveable though!

CIMG1024.gif

CIMG1025.gif

CIMG1026.gif

a little higher

CIMG1030.gif

CIMG1034.gif

Charged Superleggera
gaz coilovers im sure go silly low but they advise you not to drive at very low heights but is there only for show purpose

Your a fool if you spend £1200 on a set of ASTs, probably the best set of collies for the Clios just to slam it on the floor, I'd feel their pain for not being used properly lol

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Your a fool if you spend £1200 on a set of ASTs, probably the best set of collies for the Clios just to slam it on the floor, I'd feel their pain for not being used properly lol

What a gay!

Car was only that low as I had just fitted them and wanted to see how cool it looked, which it did look awesome!

Was soon lifted up to a semi sensible height.

F56 MINI Cooper S
How easy is it to adjust them? is it an easy thing to do yourself or is it a case of getting it done at a garage etc?

What a gay!

Car was only that low as I had just fitted them and wanted to see how cool it looked, which it did look awesome!

Was soon lifted up to a semi sensible height.

Sorry mate misunderstood me, I know you were just playing with them lol, but there are people that would buy them just for that and keep them like it!! sorry again fella! :eek:

Black Clio 182
im think gaz coilovers then really.... them ats ones look the daddys dooo daaars but silly amount of money imo.

how much are gaz ones roughly? 500ish? any group buys gonna be happening in the next month or so?