ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What clay???

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
i want some clay to wash my car this afternoon, halfords sell a box with a kit, u get 2 small little clay bars and a 2 other products(meguars), is this kit any good??? also some1 said b4 that you should use lubricant with clay, is this right?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I got that kit on Fri, good kit, you get a polishing cloth quick detailer, 2 clay bars and a sample of cleaner wax, all for £22.

I clayed and waxed mine on Sat, she looks great at the moment.

106 GTi
Meguiars one is fine. Most are all made by the same company anyway. As long as you dont get the aggressive bodyshop ones you should be fine.

I tend to buy the ones without the included QD sprays as I use soap and water.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
but i thought lubricating it would defeat the purpose, surely u want the clay to sort of stick to the car so its sucks the dirt off!

yep thats the one you want , otherwise the megs quick detailer and single clay bar is also fine as one clay bar should last a year

106 GTi
The lubriction is to allow the clay to glide safely across the surface without scratching.

Clay removes the bonded on muck that washing and polishing alone wont.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
I actually think the Clay Magic kits are the best, but they are very hard to source at a half decent price. The clay is really as good as it gets. The Meguiars are also great for general purpose work and the the Sonus Green is my choice of more delicate paints or if it is used more often.

Astra coupe
ive just bought the megs clay kit today along with some gold class shampoo and 3 microfibre cloths. Going to test it out later on so i'll let you know how i get along with it.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
how much does the megs kit cost from halfords? might consider claying over tar remover & see how that goes, are there any good web sites with detailed steps + pics of claying

Astra coupe
yeh it is, Halfrauds only had the kit with 2 x 50g bars of clay, QD spray, Microfibre cloth and a small bottle of megs wax.