ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What cat alarm is on a 172 CUP?

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Done a search but couldn't find the answer.

Can anyone help me out and tell me what catagory the alarm is on a cup?

Cheers:D

BMW M135i
Brings everything up to CAT1, has an CAT2 immobilser as part of the cars electronics and if its standard will have a cobra CAT2->CAT1 upgrade jobbie on it. Could also be a sigma if it wasn't fitted at the import centre.

Clio 172
sorry to jump in on the thread, what did you mean fitted at import centre? got mine last week and i was told it was an import therefore no alarm only imboliser.

If you buy a uk car it has to be 'imported' from france and so if you have the alarm option specified they fit it as it comes off the boat in the 'import centre', they don't fit them at the factory.

If your car is an import, it didn't come into the country like a uk car would and hence misses the dock side fitting.

I think, someone may be able too confirm.

Last edited:
  BMW M135i
If you buy a uk car it has to be 'imported' from france and so if you have the alarm option specified they fit it as it comes off the boat in the 'import centre', they don't fit them at the factory.

If your car is an import, it didn't come into the country like a uk car would and hence misses the dock side fitting.

I think, someone may be able too confirm.
Thats the rough jist of it.

PH1 172 Sport
If its for insurance just tell them its the factory fitted alarm otherwise you will have to provide the thatcham codes. They should know that its got a catorgory 1 alarm and imobiliser from the factory anyway.