ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What cars can we beat???

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Volvo V70R & 182 FF
Just out of intrest what cars will put our 172's and 182's to absalute shame :eek:, and what should we wipe the floor with :rasp:? i.e Type R Hondas, 330D BMW's, Golf GTI's, RX8 etc etc etc...
Dont take into count the driver error.

RB 182 cup
If we are taking into account no mods. Id say pretty much give or take any car that doesnt have a 'supercar status'

immaculate clio 172
is the stripped out 172 cup really that much noticably different? ive not long had my 2002 ph2 normal 172 but kind of wish i test drove a cup now lol but was put off by lack of climate control etc as like my comforts yes yes call me a puff haha

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
People here think the clio has 'supercar status' tbh so don't know what you lot are on about.

Straight line performance you wouldn't get near:

megane 225 or better
Golf GTI
Focus RS
Astra VXR (and the 888 version)
Mazda 3 MPS
Audi S3
Mini Cooper S Works GP
JDM Civic Type R
the 888 VXR version of the Corsa VXR
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA
Teg

Theres probably more aswell.

Golf 7R
People here think the clio has 'supercar status' tbh so don't know what you lot are on about.

megane 225 or better
Golf GTI
Focus RS
Mazda 3 MPS
Audi S3
Mini Cooper S Works GP
JDM Civic Type R
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA
Teg

Ok.

Un chaved corsa c
on b-roads the 172/182 would embarass a 250bhp 147 gta because the chassis is not that good whereas 172/182 chassis have been designed to go round twisties fast as possible.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
on b-roads the 172/182 would embarass a 250bhp 147 gta because the chassis is not that good whereas 172/182 chassis have been designed to go round twisties fast as possible.

right,

just to clarify, the op has stated he is talking about STRAIGHT LINE performance without DRIVER ERROR.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Mate you copied that off a website that works purely on theory none of the figures stated are tried and tested they are done through the performance calculator found on that site.

*edit*

So people don't read this thinking WTF, person above me posted a list of about 200 cars and their 0-60 times and has now editted it out.

immaculate clio 172
well tyranical, ive owned a mk5 golf gti and a 2003 civic type r and now have a 2002 172 and can honestly say that off the line and on the bends the 172 would be all over both of them both, value and fun for money the 172/182 comes up trumps every time for me thats why i sold my dearer cars to set up home and got the 172 for some cheap fun but isnt any slower than the civic or gti and much more fun,
As for the alfa 147 did you actually see it on topgear test mate it was useless unless going in a straight line lol you may want to actually of had some experience of driving some of these hot hatches before coming on here with your list of cars and stupid figures on paper etc etc as you just now look a cxnt hahaha

Audi TT 3.2 V6

megane 225 or better
Golf GTI
Focus RS
Mazda 3 MPS
Audi S3
Mini Cooper S Works GP
JDM Civic Type R
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA
Teg

Beg to differ tbh. Mk4 Golf GTI's a 1*2 can oblitorate. MK5 ive been neck and neck with and past 90+ i started to pull past quite comfortably. Edition 30 GTI would be a differnt story however

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
biggest kills so far. m5, c63 amg, boxster s

couple of mods on the old mk1 tho to achieve that ;-)

lol

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
well tyranical, ive owned a mk5 golf gti and a 2003 civic type r and now have a 2002 172 and can honestly say that off the line and on the bends the 172 would be all over both of them both, value and fun for money the 172/182 comes up trumps every time for me thats why i sold my dearer cars to set up home and got the 172 for some cheap fun but isnt any slower than the civic or gti and much more fun,
As for the alfa 147 did you actually see it on topgear test mate it was useless unless going in a straight line lol you may want to actually of had some experience of driving some of these hot hatches before coming on here with your list of cars and stupid figures on paper etc etc as you just now look a cxnt hahaha

Mate, your off your head if you think a Cliosport even compares to a Golf GTI (which i have driven, they are in a different league!) and i didn't put a 2003 Type r in my list of cars, i put a JDM one in which is 215bhp as standard.

As for the alfa 147, christ, i can't believe i've got to say this again, but just for you, i will.

The OP stated STRAIGHT LINE PERFORMANCE, even you have just said, its useless except in a straight line. So who's the "cxnt" now then?!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Beg to differ tbh. Mk4 Golf GTI's a 1*2 can oblitorate. MK5 ive been neck and neck with and past 90+ i started to pull past quite comfortably. Edition 30 GTI would be a differnt story however

was referring to mk5 not 4, 4's are horrible cars imo. Your entitled to your opinion of course, i've never driven both toe to toe but i have driven both and the GTI felt much faster, it depends on the measure of "Straight line performance" anyway, if your talking 0-60 then thats quite possibly the most useless measure of performance ever except for the traffic light grand prix vets. 30-80 is a much more realistic measurement as thats where most of your driving is done and torque is the killer in that range.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Not a chance my STD Golf GTI would pull away from a 1*2 from 80 mph onwards!!

I've had a play with a mk5 gti, thought they were rubbish to be fair. not enough power and too heavy.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
you'd all slaughter mine....lol. so you can put that one on the list of things you can beat.

although i do have fun with midrange torque

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Not a chance my STD Golf GTI would pull away from a 1*2 from 80 mph onwards!!

Heres a quote you posted when you made a thread about buying your golf gti.....

So far so good, same speed as my 182/172 and quicker on the motorway. Very capable on twisties.
Went for a blast against a Ph1 and i couldnt really stick with it in very tight bends/roundabouts but on general country roads there was nothing in it.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=424979

Clio MK 4
i dont think 172/182's are that quick tbh. Iv had tussels with a few different cars and never destroyed any tbh. majority are similiar. apart from obvious 1.2 up to 1.6's bar a few like vts's/gtis etct. i find the torque is awful on the renault sport clios and lets us down as lets face it most times you have a tussel with other cars its from rolling !

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Since when will a 182 not got "near", teg and golf gti?

Tav

Clio 197
The Clio is fun to drive, that doesn't mean it's radically better than other hot hatches/coupes. Honda Integra Type R for a start is faster, better built, has better handling, better engine, sweeter gear change and arguabley looks better/more purposeful (at least in JDM guise)...at the very fundamentals of mechanical make up it is a car of superior design; double wishbone suspension all round, helical limited slip differential, PROPER Recaro seats, extensive weight saving and a bullet proof bonkers engine that actually makes it's claimed power...with MORE than 100bhp/litre. The same could perhaps be said for the EK9 Civic. It's reflected in the price when new...the Clio was circa £15k even 4 years ago...over 10 years ago the Integra was closer to £21k.

The suspension design on the Clio is pretty old hat and isn't any more sophisticated than what you'd find on a VW. Renault have moved the game on a bit with their new front strut design but that's only the Megane and 197 isn't it?

I wouldn't be too quick to try and 'obliterate' a Mk4 Golf GTi, the 150bhp diesels are quick and the 180bhp anniversary petrols won't be slouches either. No doubt which car is more fun on a b-road.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
LOL changed my mind!! If you ever want to find out then im sure we can sort something out!!

If ever our paths cross im always happy to have a little blast. I'm happy to be proven wrong. My post was made in relation to what ive seen on the road. As we all know though no two cars are the same.

This quote says... "quicker on motorway" which would be 80mph+ you would imagine, which is what he has just said in his post.

So whats your point?

Im just speaking from my personal experience which was the opposite...supprisingly! I expected the Golf to pull ahead top end and the Clios on its arse past 100.

2002 Cup172
i'm a fool and will chase anything and so far the only thing that ive tried to play with and that has just pulled away while i hung my head in shame is a Nissan GTR.

wednesday had a Scooby RB320 (the last type b4 they went hatchback)

He fcukin nailed it of the lights with me firmly stuck to his ringpiece.

same with evo's and the new shitrocco.

allbeit that once to some 90 old mile an hour they would be bye bye from me i live where they can its all short straights and twists.

Original post didn't state in a straight line. he said it a psot or two up.

But in my opinion if you want to know if your car is quicker go find out at the of the day you could sit there for days trying to think of this car and that and look at all the numbers in the world and you still would not be happy with the answer until you'd acctually gone out and raced one of those cars to find out.

Clio's are quick but not in no way supercar slayers unless in corners.

Volvo V70R & 182 FF
The reason why I stated straight line speed was due to the fact that on the open road apart from side roads, corners aren’t a problem for most cars due to the fact they aren’t that twisty and you can most of the time use the racing line safely.
My dad has an old T5 with about 300bhp now if I was to race him from Fraserburgh to Aberdeen on the main road he would abuse me there is only about 3 corners on that road that would cause a problem for him and that’s a 45mile run on a shitty Scottish road, In most real life situations that’s how the roads would be fair play round a track it would be different, I have drivin that thing round knockhill and on the straights it surprised a few people but on the corners no way I was like a boat with its standard 12 year old suspension lol

I've never found GTI's to be any quicker at all. Even when my bro had his MK5 R32 there was nothing in it till 80/90 when he'd start to pull away.

As much as I don't like to agree with Tyranical because he's copper and they are all scum ;) I have you say... half of you lot are either out of your minds or simply unable to read and making yourselves look like fools! I think he's had to repeat THREE times that the OP is talking about straight line speed and your all making yourselves look like twits by using the ol' twisties line. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.