ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What can you get away with?

MINI Cooper S
Ok well my insurance company is being stupid and wont allow me to do anything other than alloys, which is already done, so what else could i do where by i dont have to tell them about it. Like if i were to upgrade my speakers, put a dynamique spoiler on etc, would i need to tell them about that? I dont want to hide anything from them tho as its too bigger risk for me. Many thanks

Shed.
Ok well my insurance company is being stupid and wont allow me to do anything other than alloys, which is already done, so what else could i do where by i dont have to tell them about it. Like if i were to upgrade my speakers, put a dynamique spoiler on etc, would i need to tell them about that? I dont want to hide anything from them tho as its too bigger risk for me. Many thanks

your fucked mate. Just accept it, your fucked. dont modify it if your insurance company wont let you.

RenaultSport 197
Most common mistake is people go with the lowest premium they find and don't read the small print at the bottom which says if they can or can't mod thier car with the insurer's policy.

Just make sure when you insure your car and you have full intention of modding it, check that the insurer you go with will accept mods on your vehicle! Otherwise people are just going to post up more threads like this with the same query.

M2 Competition
If the speakers arent going to cause you to crash, and arent going to increase the value of the car/ its value to theives, i doubt they'd notice mate.

MINI Cooper S
Well im not doing anything too drastic. Wont be able to afford a 172 insurance for ages anyway, just want to do small things just to keep it tidy :)