ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what can i rub and preb my dynamic,172 spoiler with?

DUB mk2 golf gti!
got my spoiler bout a week ago!trouble is its blue,and my car is cherry red!so a respray is in order!what can i prep the spoiler with for spraying while i get paint mixed up! eg.1000 grit or 2000 grit im a preety new to this!any help would be great lads!:approve:

Nike Lunar Elite's
Glad you got the spoiler ok mate. I can't be of any help as I just took it to a local bodyshop. If its your first attempt you might want to try it on something smaller to begin with just to practise.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
well for 40 quid i dnt mind funking it up!but im sure it will be just fine! dno weather to go for colour coded or matt black!!i think i a play on photo shop will help!

use 800 grit first all over it, then down to a 1200, then 1500 grit under running water for best results.

oh, and of course you want to spray it cherry red!

DUB mk2 golf gti!
fair enough theres lots of info on spraying to plastic eg bumpstrips,but i just thought it will be slightly different spraying on-top of a painted surface!as hydeyho allready know's there area few blemishes and cracks where the previous yellow primer is showing! (still not bad for 40 quid tho!):D oh and about getting the colour mixd!is it true that halfords can mix it up for me! i have the code of the guide on cliosport!? any info would be greats guys!:)