ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What brake upgrade under £150ish for my ph-quick? HELP!

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Basically i want/need to replace my discs and pads front and rear, dont really want to spend silly amounts.

Front

Have seen the brembo max front disc but they seem pretty pricey at £90ish for a pair when compaired to other vented/drilled/groved discs you can get on ebay. Anyone else used these unbranded discs? seem pretty good value;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLIO-CUP-SPOR...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Pads wise i dont want ones you have to warm up ect no good to me, i remember hearing good reports about mintex 1144's or something along that line. Anyone reccomend me some?

What about mintex C-tech kit? Very pricey at £200 but i could stretch if needs be....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mintex-C-Tech...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

REAR

Seen these disc and pad packages for £70
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

again don't know anything about them, anyone got any experiences?

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers
Sam

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Remember rear disks need bearing pressed in, they do feck all so not point upgrading unless you need to.

Clio 172 ff
Personally I wouldn't go for the cheap stuff. You don't know how those discs work and especially drilled discs have a tendency to crack. But the regular brembo hc's are said to be quite good and not very expensive. Lots of people on here drive them and I haven't read anything bad about them.

Chocolate Bar™
i'll be selling my new front brembo max's shortly and also got some nearly new greenstuff pads here.

Renaultsport Clio 182
i'll be selling my new front brembo max's shortly and also got some nearly new greenstuff pads here.

you'd do better to stick two sponges between your calipers than use Greenstuff pads - they're complete sh!te mate (and that's being polite;) )

Mintex 1144's are supposed to be good but mintex extreme are not so good.

i've just put Brembo HC's and Ferodo DS2500 pads on mine with braided lines and they work like a charm!:approve:

Renaultsport Clio 182
^ i'm getting brembo discs, ferodo ds500 pads + braided lines fitted at rentech on the 15th ;)

you'll love em mate - they give you so much more confidence, especially in the wet as it was lashing down on my way home from work and they felt great :D

nioce... ^ im going manchester from london the week after, so ill run the first few hundred miles in :D

Renaultsport Clio 182
i'm bedding mine in at the minute too but even now they stop better than my standard ones did.

i haven't 'deployed the parachutes' yet but i'm going to be taking her for a little run over the weekend i think:evil:

a thirsty one
i just picked up some brembo hc front discs for £55 + vat from german swedish and french, only performance pads they had were mintex though not really what i wanted but they were only £22 + vat so will do for a while i would have liked to have gone for some ds2500's (yozzasport) but time was a factor.