ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What brake pads?

182 with Cup Pack
Looking at upgrading my brake pads. I do a lot of town driving but also track days and Sunday blasts on A roads.

Any suggestions on what brake pads to get?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Personally despite popular opinion I wouldn't chose Ferodo DS 2500's which would seem to be the popular choice for your driving style.

I've fitted them recently. Although they are an improvement in some areas, but not in others.

Do NOT buy EBC. There's a reason they're cheap, they're not too good, especially Green Stuff. I used em' a while back not pleased, same goes for their discs.

I wished I'd gone for PF 97's or Pagid Blue's. Just make sure you clean your wheels every five to seven days. Apparently performance is superb from these pads even if they are expensive and wear discs down quicker than convential brake pads.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Personally despite popular opinion I wouldn't chose Ferodo DS 2500's which would seem to be the popular choice for your driving style.

I've fitted them recently. Although they are an improvement in some areas, but not in others.

Do NOT buy EBC. There's a reason they're cheap, they're not too good, especially Green Stuff. I used em' a while back not pleased, same goes for their discs.

I wished I'd gone for PF 97's or Pagid Blue's. Just make sure you clean your wheels every five to seven days. Apparently performance is superb from these pads even if they are expensive and wear discs down quicker than convential brake pads.

how long ago... have u used greenstuff tho?

pf97 is more of a pure trackday pad wouldnt you say? the pagid blue's are good but very expensive,

i have had an odd experance with the ds2500 in std calipers on my 182, had them on my 1,4 and they were amazing. I would still recommend them, there the pads iv got for my new 4 pots. Maybe there has been a dodgy batch for the clio calipers from Ferodo ...

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi

how long ago... have u used greenstuff tho?

About three years back, using Green Stuff. They may have changed by now, not willing to spend to find out though.