ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are the standard spring rates for cup suspension?

RB Clio 182 Cup
After seeing the Eibach kits advertised showing their spring rates I'm curious to know how they compare to the standard springs.

RB Clio 182 Cup
After 10 mins of confusion and calculation I can't make sense of that. I assume the F/R at the end denotes that 3.19 is for the front and 5.65 for the rear for cup springs.

daNM/mm is deca newton metres which just means x10 so 31.9NM/mm for the front and 56.5NM/mm for the rear but that would be 2186lb/ft and 3871lb/ft which is obviously wrong!

Last edited:
After 10 mins of confusion and calculation I can't make sense of that. I assume the F/R at the end denotes that 3.19 is for the front and 5.65 for the rear for cup springs.

daNM/mm is deca newton metres which just means x10 so 31.9NM/mm for the front and 56.5NM/mm for the rear but that would be 2186lb/ft and 3871lb/ft which is obviously wrong!

I can't vouch for the source, sorry.
I had tried to work out what it meant it a while back and came to the conclusion it was a typo or conversion error. It still helped me though, it makes sense if it was simply a decimal place out.