ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Andorid Tablet?

Looking for a nice new Android tablet for my commute on the train everyday. Having looked at reviews of the Samsung Tabs I have ruled them out. I had a look at the Nexus 7 which was pretty nice, but the top and bottom bezel felt on the big side.

Ideally want under 10" so anything else to look out for?

The obvious alternative is a ipad mini, but the cost of the new version with the decent screen is pretty high.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Mrs has a nexus 7 and it's perfect for her needs. Perfect for me too which is why I'm waiting for the new nexus 10 to upgrade from my ipad 3

Might have another go on it! Its either that or see if a 5" mobile will be big enough for commuting needs! Although probably a bit small for films/game of thrones!

A.N. Other
10" adnroid tablet of choice is/was the Xperia Z thingy recently, when i looked over reviews.
TechRadar/Gizmodo/Trusted Reviews give good info.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
There could be a new Nexus tablet announced at Google I/O in two weeks, might be worth waiting. The Nexus 10 is long overdue for a replacement, and been sold out on the Google website for months.

Focus RS, 182 gone
Samsung tab 3 7" is useless, the 8" however is not bad, it has a lot faster processor. The reviews you've read are probably from the 7". Personally i hate apple, but i went out and bought an ipad 4 when they 1st came out, and they are by far the best tablet imo, apart from having to use iTunes. People ;ook at some android tablets and say the processor is better or the ram is more, but its the graphics display unit on the ipad that is hard to match and this make a massive difference when running some apps.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive got a Nexus 10 which im happy with, if a new one comes out id definitely be looking at that

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Did you get anything sorted?
Argos have the older version of the Nexus 7 for £99 at the moment. 32gb. Wifi only version but for the price it's a bargain
I've just reserved one for collection tomorrow.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
i've got the nexus 7. How you could describe any of the bezel as big is beyond me, its tiny next to anything in the same class!
The Rumoured nexus 8 should fall between the outgoing 7 and long overdue 10 replacement, so they have 1 flagship tablet an not 2. It's expected to be an 8.9 inch