ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Amp do I Need to Get?

PH1 172 Sport
Basically I want to amp my Pioneer TS-Q131C in the front and the similar Pioneers I have in the back (though I can't find the model they have yellow cones).

I know some people on here go on about having only 2 speakers and that these speakers might not be up to par etc but this is what I have to work with!!

Ive never amped my car speakers before but I have noticed some clipping occuring at higher volumes. Ive heard the pioneers react quite well to being amped. I'm just after advice on what amp to get.

Cheers :)

PH1 172 Sport
Actually scrap that i'm just going to amp the fronts now after doing some reading. Whats a reasonably good 2 channel amp for a man on a budget!!

PH1 172 Sport
I want to spend around £100 for wiring kit and a 2 channel amp. Is that do-able or will I not get a very good amp on that budget?

Ive been looking at the Alpine MRP-T222 and Pioneer GM-3300T on caraudiodirect

vaux cavalier
Whilst amping your current speakers will yield better mid bass, it will also multiply any install issues associated with speaker mounting & mounting location....

For best results you should look at deadening & sealing your door apertures & using MDF speaker baffles, again sealed to the door panel....

This will greatly increase the mid bass response giving a much warmer, rounder overall sound....

With regards which amp; Go with one from a reputable brand, don't base your choice on price alone, (although the best VFM seems to be JBL at present)....

Check out caraudiosecurity & their associated E-Bay shop, some real JBL amp bargains from this source recently....

Clio
I can recoment the Alpine you've listed above. I've installed these into many cars and they have always given great results.

PH1 172 Sport
Whilst amping your current speakers will yield better mid bass, it will also multiply any install issues associated with speaker mounting & mounting location....

For best results you should look at deadening & sealing your door apertures & using MDF speaker baffles, again sealed to the door panel....

This will greatly increase the mid bass response giving a much warmer, rounder overall sound....

With regards which amp; Go with one from a reputable brand, don't base your choice on price alone, (although the best VFM seems to be JBL at present)....

Check out caraudiosecurity & their associated E-Bay shop, some real JBL amp bargains from this source recently....

Thanks for the advice. Ive already done baffles and deadening which did make quite a difference so I feel the next stage is an amp.