ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What alloys for track

Alfa GTA
What alloys would you guys recommend? I had 2118 on the car but they were ET 43 and I want min of ET38 I might get a new set of 2118 but wanted to see what others used out there

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Use spacers if your worried about offset.
And unless your chasing 10ths then wheel weight will be just there for bragging rights.
Having said that 2118s arent light, IIRC they are a rally wheel. TD ProRace are lighest on Budget, OZ ultra/superleggera are pretty ,uch lightest regular material wheel. After that its magnesium and/or split rims.

Alfa GTA
Use spacers if your worried about offset.
And unless your chasing 10ths then wheel weight will be just there for bragging rights.
Having said that 2118s arent light, IIRC they are a rally wheel. TD ProRace are lighest on Budget, OZ ultra/superleggera are pretty ,uch lightest regular material wheel. After that its magnesium and/or split rims.

Not really worried about weight just want them to take the punishment

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not really worried about weight just want them to take the punishment

The punishment of driving around fast?

Pro Race 1.2's are the obvious choice and are half the price of 2118 which are around double the weight.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
These are lighter than pro race 1.2 and cheaper, Made in germany 15x6.5 et35 mine weighed 5.7kg

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/alloy-wheels-brands/autec/wizard-4003/

473467.jpg

Alfa GTA
What have you got now, and how many days are you likely to do?

Did have 2118 ET 43 sold them and now have nothing but as my car is in storage and I don't use it I can shop around for a good set, the car will only be used really for a thrash and up 2 5 trackdays a year I would say

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
TD's is the best budget versus lightness and offset choice imo as well, they're around 6kg a corner without a tyres, usually found in ET35 ish offset and don't cost a lot. they're also pretty strong.

weapon of choice for me is the older OZ superleggera though, pretty, strong as hell, ridiculously light for just normal alloy (weighed mine at 4.9kg per corner) decent offset. but rare now and demand a bit more cash for a nice set

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
TD pro race - ordered some 1.3 in 18" x 8.5j brand new for £492 delivered, last year.

And this week some 17" x 7.5j for £451 delivered. Miles cheaper direct, if you're in no rush

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'll have a set of anthracite 2118s with basically new ad08rs on them for sale soon. I'm in Huddersfield but don't mind travelling a little if it helps someone. Et43. They have been refurbed in the past, but I'll do an honest ad when they're ready to go. Need cleaning and sealing first