ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What a weekend!!

Iceberg 172
Well the money came through from my insurance company last week and due to my insurancepremium going through the roof I decided to look at an MG ZR160. that was my first mistake! What an awful car. The actual car was a peice of pooh but everything about it felt even worse put together than the Clio! It was really sluggish and considering i've not driven for 3 weeks it felt gutless.

Was going to look at a cup on autotrader for £2200 but the guy messed me about so Saturday was a complete waste.

So I decided to up my budget (didn't tell my mrs that I've dipped into my savings!) and went to look at a stunning iceberg 172 today and got it!

Bog standard, 2 owners, 70k miles, belts done at 50k, fsh, etc.

So I got it home and got my turinis and clear side repeaters on it!!! I just need to get my coilovers on it next Saturday and take some decent pics.

Momo team 300mm steering wheel will be on it tomorrow night, I also need to get some aero wipers and silver vision bulbs. I'm going to try the 307 splitter... As it'll be quite low it's going to get scuffed so atleast £40 is justifiable.

I've got to say that I can't notice the difference between my old cup and this normal 172. Apart from the 172 being nicer with the leather and xenons!

Insurance is now costing me £190 per month! But atleast I have a car I'm happy with. I'm trying to upload pics off my phone now from the advert the guy put on pistonheads but I'll definitely get some more tomorrow with the turinis on!

I'm so happy after nearly 2 months I'm back in a Clio sport and loving it!!!

Clio 1970000000
Nice one mate. You would have been very disappointed with the ZR160. £190 a month on insurance is a bit steep!!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Jeeez! Thta's a lot for insurance but you're happy.
Where was my pm on the settlement! Caaaannnt!

320d
Glad your happy with it mate. Insurance is a bit of a pain but on this site some pay £30 a month for insaurance some pay £200+ its down to what you can afford and are prepared to pay I supose.

182 McSportius
Saw sense at the last minute then? :)

Kind of disappointing going to drive a car you've never been in before etc but think you might want one, and finding you dont like it.

Clio 1970000000
My insurance is up this month :dapprove:. Luckily won't be too expensive as I is old

Iceberg 172
I've paid more for insurance before! But you're all right... It is crazy but IMO for the money nothing comes close to the Clio.

I'm trying to upload pics now!

I settled on £4000 but they took my excess off and I bought my Cup back off them so ended up with just over £2000.

The car is lovely and looks wicked with the turinis on. The clear side repeaters makes a big difference.

I'm not going to bother with the exhaust as I like the noise of the STD one.

Might take my spoiler off and get it sprayed.

Steering wheel will be on tonight and the coilovers will be on on Saturday.

I've got a huge constant smile on my face at the moment!!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh mines is a corona and an aftershock btw!

£4000... insurance company pwnt!

Iceberg 172
Lol. I know!

Well atleast I'm back on the road now. They did offer an independant inspector to cone out but I would of had to of taken a day off work, plus it would of worked out another few weeks just to maybe get another few hundred quid. Couldn't be arsed to drag it out any longer.

My photobucket app on my iPhone isn't working so I'll do pics when I'm at home later.

Megane 225 F1
Seeing as your paying s**t loads on insurance, do you fancy paying mine to ;)

Get some pics up!

Mk4 .:R32
I've paid more for insurance before! But you're all right... It is crazy but IMO for the money nothing comes close to the Clio.

I'm trying to upload pics now!

I settled on £4000 but they took my excess off and I bought my Cup back off them so ended up with just over £2000.

The car is lovely and looks wicked with the turinis on. The clear side repeaters makes a big difference.

I'm not going to bother with the exhaust as I like the noise of the STD one.

Might take my spoiler off and get it sprayed.

Steering wheel will be on tonight and the coilovers will be on on Saturday.

I've got a huge constant smile on my face at the moment!!!!

a bit like whoever sold you that insurance! £190 a month is madness!

Celica and Raptor.
Its your money mate so im glad your happy and spending it on what You want ;), You could waste it on worse things but your not.

Good Luck Mate.

Iceberg 172
Right, well this was my cup!

Picture062.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Was lovely!

Went to look at this shitter...

Picture021.jpg

But ended up with this!!!!!

Picture080.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture026-1.jpg

It's now got the Turini's from my Cup, a Momo Team 300mm steering wheel and will soon have the k tec coilies from my Cup as well!!!!

Pics of these tomorrow!!

And a quick pic of my brothers new bike!!!

Picture055.jpg

Clio 1970000000
172 much nicer than the ZR160. And as everyone on CS knows, the 172 will muller the GSXR in the twisties :rasp:

Iceberg 172
The ZR160 was awful! Awful condition, awful seller, awful to drive and so on!

(I would love to agree but not with my brother riding!!! lol - he's been riding since he could walk and is unbelieveable!!!! Weighs about 10 stone - He left a Ducati Desmodeci standing when he had his old CBR600 RR!!!!

Clio 1970000000
The ZR160 was awful! Awful condition, awful seller, awful to drive and so on!

(I would love to agree but not with my brother riding!!! lol - he's been riding since he could walk and is unbelieveable!!!! Weighs about 10 stone - He left a Ducati Desmodeci standing when he had his old CBR600 RR!!!!

My bro used to have a 190bhp R1. Warp speed was the only way to describe it. I'm too old now in real terms but if I had started riding a lot younger I would have made all my mistakes then.

My parents would not let me have a motorbike whilst I was living under their roof.....and I will be telling my kids the same thing :nono:

Iceberg 172
Nearly £200 a month for a eight year-old French hatch?

Mentalist.

Why? It's an 8 yo french hatch which is the best i could afford to buy at that moment in time. Ok insurance is costing me a lot but it will do for the next 2 years anyway. As I said, a 1.2 would of been over a grand a year to insure... why pay over £100 per month on insurance for a car you don't even like?

It's my fault the insurance is so high, so i'll have to live with making my insurance companies christmas party the best ever won't I?!

Iceberg 172
My bro used to have a 190bhp R1. Warp speed was the only way to describe it. I'm too old now in real terms but if I had started riding a lot younger I would have made all my mistakes then.

My parents would not let me have a motorbike whilst I was living under their roof.....and I will be telling my kids the same thing :nono:

Lol - I've never been that great on 2 wheels! I loved messing about on our CR250 (we bought it together) and was ok on it, but the things my brother could do on it - well i just couldn't!

IMO roads are for cars - there's too many idiots on the roads and too many cars on the roads for bikers to be safe imo... saying that, i'd like a CBR600RR or GSXR600 one day!!!! lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Why? It's an 8 yo french hatch which is the best i could afford to buy at that moment in time. Ok insurance is costing me a lot but it will do for the next 2 years anyway. As I said, a 1.2 would of been over a grand a year to insure... why pay over £100 per month on insurance for a car you don't even like?

It's my fault the insurance is so high, so i'll have to live with making my insurance companies christmas party the best ever won't I?!

Not knocking the car mate, not at all. Just the insurance seems silly, considering the car's value. But then if it costs over £1k for insurance on a 1.2, then I probably would pay it too. :eek:

Not having a go.