ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what a rubbish day help needed

clio 172
well so far noticed my driveshaft boot has split.
could any1 tell me how to resolve the problems below
IMG_2016.jpg
What is its purpose and does it matter that theres a split in it?

IMG_2023.jpg
what is this metal ring next to the abs ring? its loose and not fixed to anything, also there isnt 1 on the passanger side.

Attachments

• IMG_2021.jpg
    IMG_2021.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 85
  Titanium phase 1
That's the cam seal and yes it does matter if it's split and sounds like you need new driveshafts,if they've been split for a while with no rings on them,which looks like the case then the cv joints will be shot and probably overheating,

clio 172
That's the cam seal and yes it does matter if it's split and sounds like you need new driveshafts,if they've been split for a while with no rings on them,which looks like the case then the cv joints will be shot and probably overheating,
cheers m8, iv had the shitest day ever. hopfully top gear makes up for it in a few days

clio 172
can i just cover the hole in the plastic cap or does it need replacing what is its purpose?
cheers for bearing with me by the way I am a noob a this sort of stuff.

Titanium phase 1
im no expert mate but id get them replaced, theyre not exspensive, you can buy them from k-tec not a difficult job but a fair bit to remove from your engine before you get to them.also got to be careful taking off your rocker cover,the cam can lift with it.probably best to check on here for a guide if there is one.

03 clio sport asc
wow thats the rustiest Clio i ever seen, I'm from Austrailia, that doesnt happen to our clios here, whats the deal ? do all UK cars end up like that lol?

mk2 ph2 172 Flamer
salt used in the winter by the road maintanance crews causes the metal to rust. No wonder it's not common in Australia :)

03 clio sport asc
figured that was what is it, sucks big time, rather drive on ice then rust out my clio. cant they use something else ie hot water or something

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
well so far noticed my driveshaft boot has split.
could any1 tell me how to resolve the problems below
View attachment 67059
What is its purpose and does it matter that theres a split in it?

Camshaft seal. So yes it matters, oil could get out or dirt could get in.

im no expert mate but id get them replaced, theyre not exspensive, you can buy them from k-tec not a difficult job but a fair bit to remove from your engine before you get to them.also got to be careful taking off your rocker cover,the cam can lift with it.probably best to check on here for a guide if there is one.

You dont need to remove the rocker cover, the centre of the metal part of the core plug is missing, so just poke something through the soft rubber in the middle and pop it out. Don't go all axe murderer on it or anything, but a fiddle with a flatblade screwdriver will pull it out. Then the new one just knocks in its place with a flat drift.

Last edited: