ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wetsand

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So I washed the car and noticed the amount of stonechips on the front was bothering me immensely.

Bit of paint to touch it up and I'm in deeper than I wanted to be. Meh all good fun.

Wetsand by JaffmanRS, on Flickr
17206267950_8930ddfc33_b.jpg
16771331604_76e5bef4c0_b.jpg
17207630979_ea054dffd2_b.jpg

Not bad for 15 year old paint :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Crystal clear! Get it right and you cam achieve some amazing results. I've only done it under guided supervision and was very impressed

I have seen the mess than some get themselves into though. For example one guy wasn't keeping the panel clean and ended up with deeper scratch marks than he was sanding

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm too tight to pay for supervision lol

Bonnet needed a respray anyway if it hadn't gone well. Turns out I may have saved myself a respray

Itl get one eventually

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes a DA mate.

Starting to think I need to progress onto a rotary now though. Quicker results and I'm learned enough not to burn through the paint now lol.

DA will always come in handy though

Looking....
Good effort mate, looks a good job. I've been playing about with wet sanding for a while but on a scrap panel. Need to grow some balls and attack the car.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Like I said this started as stonechips repair lol.

There were so many though I thought f**k it and went over the lot ha.

As long as you're carefull it's a piece of cake anyway. Just labour intensive

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just wondered how you did it and if you used clearcoat as well as touch up.

Looks an amazing job you have done.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Just a touch up mate the paint isn't an exact match but it's good enough to hide all the white peppered look.

If I had planned to do this id have put some clearcoat in the chips too

Reactions: Gus