ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wet carpet

clio 182 full fat
Not long owned the car I found the carpet on the pass side to damp any ideas, I know its not leaking from the window as I have checked any were else??? it could be leaking from

Westfield, 182, 200
If you do a search, the drain under the washer bottle can block and the area behind the wheel arch liner fills with cxxp. Both can result in a wet carpet!

clio 182 full fat
If you do a search, the drain under the washer bottle can block and the area behind the wheel arch liner fills with cxxp. Both can result in a wet carpet!

Its not the heater matrix not losing any coolant, where about is this drain plug then buddy

Westfield, 182, 200
Hardest part of getting the wiper motor out for me was getting the wiper arms off the spindles!

There're quite a few places where water can get in-just a case of attacking one at a time-satisfying when you solve it!

Ian.

clio 182 full fat
Well its pissing down tonight so I popped out and had a good look, its coming throw on the pass side coming from the top took the carpet up and the yellow sponge is soaked. so I will take the wheel of tomorrow and look at it that way is that right ?

Megane Diesel / 172
I had this and it was actually coming in through the bump stops for the tailgate by the rear lights! Could be there, I certainly wasn't expecting it but you never know.

clio 182 full fat
I had this and it was actually coming in through the bump stops for the tailgate by the rear lights! Could be there, I certainly wasn't expecting it but you never know.

Ya Ive checked its deffo coming from the front just hope I can sort it tomorrow before it gets worse

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Sorry if it sounds dumb but where exactly do you mean, should I take the lights out to see?

Clio 182
My leak was from the passenger door seal, for some reason it wasn't draining properly despite everything being clear. All I had to do to fix/stop it was move the join in the seal down do that area. Been fine since and takes 2mins to do so worth a shot

clio 182 full fat
Well what I did today was remove all the wipers and motors got to the drain holes, cleaned the area and took the iner wing of and removed the dirty that was at the bottom of the wing. Check with boiling water seam's fine so we will see, checked all the seals seam all ok

clio 182 full fat
My leak was from the passenger door seal, for some reason it wasn't draining properly despite everything being clear. All I had to do to fix/stop it was move the join in the seal down do that area. Been fine since and takes 2mins to do so worth a shot

Could you post some photos up please not sure where you mean, as I just to check cheers

Clio 182
hhmmmm will try tomorrow if i'm near the car in daylight. Basically though, you know the big, fat, black door seal? It's not a continuous loop and it's not specially shaped for the door, so you can move the beginning/end to whenever you need. Taking the seal off and moving the beginning/end to the bottom was enough to stop my leak.

Worth pointing out that I could see a little trickle of water coming in at the bottom of the door

clio 182 full fat
Still leaking WTF I have removed all the dirt from all the drain holes to be fair wasn't much, also removed all the dirt and grit that built up over the years that sits in the bottom corner of the wing. what next can I look at

Westfield, 182, 200
Daft question, but you don't have an after market sunroof?

Could water get in from the pollen filter cover and run down into back of the heater?

Is the windscreen sealed properly?-scratching at straws now!'

clio 182 full fat
Daft question, but you don't have an after market sunroof?

Could water get in from the pollen filter cover and run down into back of the heater?

Is the windscreen sealed properly?-scratching at straws now!'

No mate no sun roof, the water is coming in from the pass-side at the top of the carpet, Where is the pollen as I took every think out and cleaned all the drain holes, clearly see its coming from the top of the engine help meeeeeeeeeeeee lol

any photos will be help full

Westfield, 182, 200
Pollen filter is on the drivers side near the wiper, wondered whether it may be letting water in to the back of the heater.

Sold my 182 8 months ago, but from memory, if you leak is deffo from the top of the passenger footwell, it must be coming in from around the washer bottle area? The only way in would be a hole from a loose fitting grmmet-is the bonnet release cable in that area, any other electrical grommets?
If it was me, i think i'd remove the washer bottle, pull the carpet back and pour water in the scuttle and try and see where it's comming in???

Ian.