ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Mids build Sandcastles 2013

BG182ff,explod Focus
So we can go on the beach...just may die.
There had to be some reason they let Clarkson tear up and down the beach ;)

Is that a thumbs up for Pendine Sands then Matt? :D
Can any of our forum boyos recommend some camping sites in the area?

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Is that a thumbs up for Pendine Sands then Matt? :D
I like the idea only trouble is the campsites. I've emailed all within about a 10 mile vicinity. Most don't want to accomodate us or are full. The other trouble is that we're potentially bringing circa 15 cars and 15 tents. A couple came back and said they're happy but have like 10 pitches.

I also do have a second one that I know personally and I think it's spot on for us, not pendine sands though. It's just by Clarach Bay, short drive from Aberystwyth. There's a bar at the place and it's cheap. Can walk to the beach in less than a minute. It's really nice there.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
To be honest...i`ll be happy with what you decide mharvey...as the one you know personally with the bar sounds spot on....and its only really for a short stop.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Give some campsites around Porthmadog a bell. There's loads too
Worth a try

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
This could be fun.. Few suggestions don't book shell island as they will only turn you down unless you bring female's too. Quite strict on that. If not try black rock great place take cars on beach and you have some great roads to come across on way home. Let us Chester lot know if it goes ahead would be great to meet other Cs members from other areas.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ive just come back from camping with the mrs and the site we were at i enquired if it was ok for 15+ cars and tents and he said to let him know when and roughly how many...its a pretty basic site...toilet block(2 cubicles/2 urinals)...and only 1 shower....its at Caersws...mid wales...just an idea.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers all.
So Sat 3rd-Sun 4th August
Taking out the July only couple is everyone still up for this?

The one I know next to the sea is happy with us camping and the numbers/amount of cars. It's:

http://www.sunbourne.co.uk/camping/Default.aspx

I've emailed both of those Si explaining our situation, cheers. Will hopefully report back tonight with which campsites are suitable and we can decide from there asap.

Shame it's that weekend. Looks like our second house purchase fell through. Could've made this later in the month. Have fun gents!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Cheers all.
So Sat 3rd-Sun 4th August
Taking out the July only couple is everyone still up for this?

The one I know next to the sea is happy with us camping and the numbers/amount of cars. It's:

I've emailed both of those Si explaining our situation, cheers. Will hopefully report back tonight with which campsites are suitable and we can decide from there asap.

I`m definately avaliable for this...i`m on holiday the following week so i might even stay for a few days more,you can add me to the list too i`m that positive i`ll be there.:D

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Okay guys and girls. Need to book this with campsites now. As said this is confirmed as being the one night. Sat 3rd-Sun 4th August

Out of all the campsites I've tried very few are interested once I mention we are a car club.

The two that have got back to me are mentioned in here already.

The first is the one I suggested, it's just outside Aberystwyth and is right on the seafront.
Use of indoor swimming pools, bars and good facilities plus a 5 min drive to Aber.
However it is the more expensive one. Looking at £20 per pitch and that only includes 1 car. If people are happy to share tents it becomes much cheaper as it's then £3 extra per car so 3 people would be £26 or £8.67 each.

The second is one Si suggested, it's in Powys. Got the usual facilities ie showers etc however it's a fair trek to the sea. Still be a good laugh though and it's cheaper/we can all have seperate tents as they just work on a per person basis.
The price is £6per person, per night.
http://www.dolllyscaravancampsite.co.uk/

So if I paste the list here, ammend as you see fit. Ie let us know if you can't make it, put down your campsite preferance.

1) mharvey (Camping) Either campsite for me.
2) Addicted (Camping)
3) Tom C (can't make it now?)
4) Cazzy (Camping)
5) Adam (Camping)
6) wilko87 (Just coming for the day)
7) cswalmsley (Camping)
8) boomerbang (Camping)
9) paddy (Camping)
10) Beasley Clio 182 (Camping)
11) friendy85 (Camping)
12) stokie4ker (Camping)
13) sbridgey (Camping)

PS: I'll send round a mass pm after our monhtly meet Monday.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Either campsite for me mate :)

I'm not sharing tent though ;)

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I dont really mind either...i`ll go with the majority....but i do like the Aber one more.And i`ll just add i`ll pay for one tent price/one person....dont do sharing..

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Been invited paintballing the same weekend as this for a mates birthday, but I want to come camping!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Been invited paintballing the same weekend as this for a mates birthday, but I want to come camping!

​Time to find out who your real mates are.......the ones that will stop if you break down to help....or the ones that will shoot you...lol

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Definetly the ones that will shoot me! Saying that i shot one of them with a BB on saturday!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
My stepson does airsoft army type games....he has a m4(like a cut down m16)...goes to some place by hilton services.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
1) mharvey (Camping) Pref Aber but will do either campsite.
2) Addicted (Camping)
4) Cazzy (Camping)
5) Adam (Camping)
7) cswalmsley (Camping) Either campsite
8) boomerbang (Camping) Pref Aber but will do either campsite
9) paddy (Camping)
10) Beasley Clio 182 (Camping)
11) friendy85 (Camping)
12) stokie4ker (Camping) Pref Aber but will do either campsite.
13) sbridgey (Camping)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I'm out unfortunately :( DNt fancy taking 3fuel pumps with me to fix the dci if it plays up again.
or we can just make it the camp fire .....

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I won't be able make this :( it's my birthday on the 2nd and shall be in absolutely no fit state to drive hahahaha !

I'm out unfortunately :( DNt fancy taking 3fuel pumps with me to fix the dci if it plays up again.
or we can just make it the camp fire .....

Not a problem guys, cheers for letting me know.

2) Addicted (Camping)
4) Cazzy (Camping)
5) Adam (Camping)
9) paddy (Camping)
10) friendy85 (Camping)
11) stokie4ker (Camping) Pref Aber but will do either campsite.
12) sbridgey (Camping)​

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
2) Addicted (Camping)
4) Cazzy (Camping)
5) Adam (Camping)
9) paddy (Camping)
10) friendy85 (Camping) Either campsite
11) stokie4ker (Camping) Pref Aber but will do either campsite.
12) sbridgey (Camping)

Got 5, anymore? Think a few said they were interested at the Monthly Cannock meet the other week?​

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Well its a drive in wales....camping....beer and a massive laugh.....oh and time off from the wife...lol

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Definitely cant make this unfortunately :( Really wanted to drive the beemer through wales as well!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I don't fancy camping if there's just 3 of us though lol

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys. It's all still go if people want it. I think I could really do with it at the moment lol.

So far the only confirmed ones are:
mharvey (Camping) Pref Aber but will do either campsite.
cswalmsley (Camping) Either campsite
boomerbang (Camping) Pref Aber but will do either campsite
stokie4ker (Camping) Pref Aber but will do either campsite.

Chris did Wayne, Kim and Tom Boomer say they were coming when in Canncock? I know W&K aren't on here that often.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm not sure mate, I know they both often work weekends mate. I'll drop Wayne a text

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I`m going even if i have to ring and book myself.....i`ll take the chocolate labrador if i`m going on my own though....lol

Cup, Lude & Z
Hi guys. It's all still go if people want it. I think I could really do with it at the moment lol.

So far the only confirmed ones are:
mharvey (Camping) Pref Aber but will do either campsite.
cswalmsley (Camping) Either campsite
boomerbang (Camping) Pref Aber but will do either campsite
stokie4ker (Camping) Pref Aber but will do either campsite.

Chris did Wayne, Kim and Tom Boomer say they were coming when in Cannc**k? I know W&K aren't on here that often.

No mate I wouldn't of said I was goin, I can't stand camping. Sorry bud