ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well that was easy, Sky Insurance!

Thanks to Sam @ Sky Insurance!

Undercut all other more competitive quotes by at least £50 (Greenlight, Brentacre etc).

£95 lower than last year's premium and £150 lower than my auto-renewal quote from Flux!

MR2 Mk1.5
Good to hear, thanks for your business and feedback.

I am just at the end of a PM if you have any queries and I've passed this on to my colleague Sam

Thanks again and best wishes

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Thanks Ollie. Funny old world, insurance. We've chatted a few times on here about the sky high (sorry) quotes from you guys due to SK9 postcode. This year, thought I'd try you guys again, give you the BOD and sure enough, a winner!

MR2 Mk1.5
Thanks Ollie. Funny old world, insurance. We've chatted a few times on here about the sky high (sorry) quotes from you guys due to SK9 postcode. This year, thought I'd try you guys again, give you the BOD and sure enough, a winner!

Things change fast in this hateful insurance world of ours , our postcode criteria is always under review as well.. If we can help, we do, if we cannot, we apologise and often suggest alternatives.

Funny how your opinions of a company can change in 24hrs. £50 charge to cancel the policy (10 days before cover is due to start) due to unforeseen circumstances (potential move abroad).

And 4-6 weeks for a refund.

Shocking. But thanks to Connie for pushing the refund down to a week.

Lol Kev, not sure mate. Perhaps Germany!!

As did I chap. I even asked about it before giving the go ahead and the bloke mentioned a charge of circa £15-25.

I understand and appreciate there has to be an admin charge. The industry I'm in we'd also charge for cancellation. But the percentage in this case is utterly disgraceful and has naturally left me with a very bitter taste.

Titanium 182
Hate cancellation charges, just got stung for £113 from Endsleigh because "add ons" e.g. windscreen cover, legal cover (the stuff you need) isn't actually provided by them and has to be paid off on top of the £50 cancellation charge even though I'll never use it now as policy is cancelled. Arseholes.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very poor % but they will do that a lot through the year. "Admin costs".

Miss your chat mate!

MR2 Mk1.5
Funny how your opinions of a company can change in 24hrs. £50 charge to cancel the policy (10 days before cover is due to start) due to unforeseen circumstances (potential move abroad).

And 4-6 weeks for a refund.

Shocking. But thanks to Connie for pushing the refund down to a week.

Hi,

my colleague Connie has left you a voicemail on this, we are able to offer a more satisfactory resolution.

Thanks

Ollie

MR2 Mk1.5
Thought all policy's had to have a cooling off period of circa 14 days no?

A contract has a 14 day cooling off period yes but that doesn't mean you can instruct a contract to start, let the company perform their part of the work and then get a full refund.

Hi,

my colleague Connie has left you a voicemail on this, we are able to offer a more satisfactory resolution.

Thanks

Ollie

Thanks Ollie, picked up, looks like my initial email on Saturday went into spam.

A contract has a 14 day cooling off period yes but that doesn't mean you can instruct a contract to start, let the company perform their part of the work and then get a full refund.

Which I fully understand as mentioned via PM.

Issue closed - thanks to Ollie (and Connie) my opinion of Sky has been lifted out of the gutter.

MR2 Mk1.5
Thanks Ollie, picked up, looks like my initial email on Saturday went into spam.

Which I fully understand as mentioned via PM.

Issue closed - thanks to Ollie (and Connie) my opinion of Sky has been lifted out of the gutter.

Thanks JD.

I just wanted to explain the 14 day cooling off period on the public forum as a lot of people do not understand it fully. As most will understand, we are a business at the end of the day, if a customer instructs us to do some work, we are entitled to charge and will do so, as would any of our competitors.

Titanium 182
How much would it cost if you were in the cooling off period but the cover had started out of interest? Would it just be admin charge + however much of the policy you'd used calculated at standard rate per day?

MR2 Mk1.5
How much would it cost if you were in the cooling off period but the cover had started out of interest? Would it just be admin charge + however much of the policy you'd used calculated at standard rate per day?

Technically a broker could take full commission and an admin fee as well as charge for the time on risk, in practice these fees are usually reduced.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
you all think your cancellation fees are a lot... When i cancelled my insurance after them putting my premium up by '£7000!!!!' they then said that they wanted £282 to get the insurance cancelled! :(

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
you all think your cancellation fees are a lot... When i cancelled my insurance after them putting my premium up by '£7000!!!!' they then said that they wanted £282 to get the insurance cancelled! :(

Flol!! 7k increase, what did you do thatvyear? :eek:

Surely that must be a renewal, so how could they charge for a cancellation? Unless you missed the date and it rolled over...?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What has happened is this...

He got a quote. It was great. He signed up. Didn't declare or tell the truth. When they found out they told him the true premium. He wanted out. They took a % of the real valuation and boom i'm Columbo.

Lol. Do you know that Kev or is your new year resolution to bust chops, janitor style?!

uvydepez.jpg