ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well Pi$$ed Off

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Went out to the Trophy last night to find a rather large stone dent of the roof thats chipped the paint aswell as 2 on the bonnet that are rather deep.

The other half said the 3 boys next door where throwing stones at some pont in there garden and my dad also picked up stones that they had thrown over the fence into our garden.

I cant prove it was them but im extreamly f***ed off as i got a quotes today to get the work done so i have went ahead and booked it in at a decent bodyshop.

Getting the roof repaired & painted. Getting the bonnet repaired and painted and also the front bumper and the 2 front wings done too so its more or less the whole front end respray.

Total cost for the whole lot is £792 from a very good bodyshop 2mins along the road from me and the car will be away for 5 days.

Just never expected to get the car damaged outside my front door :mad:

Italian 3.2 V6
Throw dog s**t at their windows!

but on a serious note : Gutted.. think your just going to have to bite the bullet on this one :(

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Report it, and tell the parents.

If they are retards and don't care - declare war.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The bullet has been bit, Car is booked into the bodyshop on the 10th June and then in July it goes away to polished bliss for a £600+ valet and then down to freds @ BTM for work.

Going to be an expensive car year for me

Are you going to say anything to them ? Otherwise what's stopping them doing it again after you have spent £792 ?

Clio 182ff
bejesus dude that sucks - but a part of me thinks you should still have a word with the neighbours about it.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I now dont park my car in my street.

I get on really well with there parents and there is no problem but as i can not prove it was them i cant say as the 3 boys have all there wee mates round every night to play football in the garden and all sorts. They are all under 10 years old and they are loud

I now park my car in a dead end street where there is private parking thats well lit so its totally away from the boys.

e92 330i
Know how you feel, kids across our road kick around with a ball, adjacent to a f**king field with a football pitch in it and I've noticed a ball scuff on my roof and quarter panel which won't polish out at all. Can't prove it was them but I'm 100% it was!

Time for CCTV :).

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Less than 2 weeks ago there was a white van that drove into my neighbours 60 Plate black golf and my mums 55 Plate clio and then drive off.
So the both of us dont have much luck as around 6 months ago the whole street got the word "FA**Y" key'd on the bonnets and that turned out to be a drunk guy in his 40s as he was caught on CCTV from a camera that used to hang out a neighbours window.

Jap Box
Considering they were throwing stones and there damage to your car costing £700 id be going over there and having a word with the parents over it all, if they refuse point blank and go arsey about it throw some stones back at their cars overnight and repeat process until point is proven.

Monaco 172
Considering they were throwing stones and there damage to your car costing £700 id be going over there and having a word with the parents over it all, if they refuse point blank and go arsey about it throw some stones back at their cars overnight and repeat process until point is proven.

Hell fcking yeah! Kids throwing stones, stones next to your car, stone damage on the car. Not exactly rocket science. £700!! You must be made of money if you're going to let that slide....
I wouldn't stand for that if the neighbours were my best friends, let alone just some people you get along with. Proof or not mate, i'd be round there tearing strips off em! ..and then i'd present them with said £700 bill!

Red Clio MKIII
i would deffintly say something... Me and my neighbor used to get on... Until he complained that my alarm clock wakes him up at 6am (when i get up for work) then he complained my exhaust is 'too loud' (it isnt) then he complained that my HID kit is so bright, it wakes him up when i drive down the road (when my lights adjusters are on 4 so they point straight to the ground) needless to say, me and the misses have started pointing out his flaws... Go over there and explain, and if necessary, declare WAR! (

If you get on with the parents then I'd be even more inclined to mention it. Sorry to hear you've had to fork out.... However I am jealous of what it will look like after £600 spent at PB!! (Actually, not sure how ar 600 goes there!!)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The bullet has been bit, Car is booked into the bodyshop on the 10th June (£792) and then in July it goes away to polished bliss for a £600+ valet and then down to freds @ BTM for work.

Personally, i would be talking to the parents about the damage.

I'd also be questioning the sense in paying £1400 to make a Trophy look slightly less pink.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Personally, i would be talking to the parents about the damage.

I'd also be questioning the sense in paying £1400 to make a Trophy look slightly less pink.

Was out last night taking pics of the chips and dents and then i seen them, Spoke to them and he had a word with the kids (all 3 of them) and they just blamed there mates and names where all over the place with peter, scott, bobby and derek getting them blame aswell as the cat 2 doors down.

He had a good word with thme and told them that if they are in the back garden they will not be throwing anything or playing with any balls.

Im spending £1400 on the trophy to make it less pink cause i can ;)