ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

well fiited my new 3/4 number plate....

CLIO 172 CUP....
yep... it came today i a didnt waste any time fitting it....

befor pic....

Photo0028.jpg

and after....

IMG-20111222-00567.jpg

have to say i really didnt relized how tidy the 3/4 plate make the front end look well pleased with it,

also thinking removing the yellow strap as well, as it just not doing it for me lol...

CLIO 172 CUP....
yh cheers guys, also the strap is geting removed int the next hour lol....

and was thinking carbon fibering the washer blanks. but im unsure to do them or not....

Disastra Coupe
Lol at what some people might say after i make this comment...

I've been driving around for a few month now with a 3/4 plate and not been pulled or anything at all. I think for most copper's it's not worth making a fuss over. It's still very, very readable.

172 Cup

I've been driving around for a few month now with a 3/4 plate and not been pulled or anything at all. I think for most copper's it's not worth making a fuss over. It's still very, very readable.

100% agree with you mate, i have never had any bother yet, and i have worked just round the corner from a police stations for a couple of years/passed coppers everyday and never had any bother.

CLIO 172 CUP....
(ch!ppen)....100% agree, any way police around here have more better things to do than pull some 1 for a 3/4 plate. all thay care around here is as long as your insured tax and m.o.t and you aint driving like a d**k ther cool really....

also iv removed the strap and have to say soooooooo much better looking she is lool.....duno what i was thinking in the first place man.......

next on the list is gearbox sensor... (519 automotive) got them if im right.

275 Trophy
Had my 3/4 plate a couple of years and been pulled in that time but the Police have shown no interest in the plate. I think the sensible thing to do is get a full length, UK legal font, front plate only, as the OP seems to have done. Any auto plate reading camera should then still be able to pick up the reg and so not flag you for being pulled over.

TT QS

being abit special i ordered a very 3/4 being the same height as that but half the length so its very noticable. i have a 3/4 like that to go on when i realised how to order them lol and i carry my normal one every where. dont drive like a div and the police realise its not worth their time.

so totally agree with your comment :)

rb182 cup
ive not been done either...just put the standard 1 back on for m.o.t....the 3/4 plate is a great cheap mod

Clio
If my m.o.t man thinks I'm putting a standard plate back on he can think again.

I will show it him in the boot that's good enuff

Astra Twintop
Enjoy your fine for Christmas.

The old bill will love you for that.

And they'll probably keep a eye on your car after.

E46 M3
Got to laugh at some people on here....

Anyway, mine went through the MOT (I was going to change it but forgot!)

M2 Comp
Are ANPR cameras still able to read the 3/4 plates out of interest?

Definitely looks a lot better, just not sure whether to risk it....

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thats not 3/4 but it still looks much much better.

I know its illegal and bla bla bla but ive had a fancy plate on both my clios now for almost 2 years and ive never had any bother with it.

BMW M5 & E36
Back in 2008 or so when I had my 182 with 3/4 plate, I was caught speeding by a cop sat at the roadside. Followed me, pulled me over, hopped in the back of his car, and my clio was there on his display with the front reg perfectly visible. Had a look round the car, no comment on the plate at all.

Luck of the draw.

Liquid Yellow R27
Looks much better, it's mad how much of a difference the 3/4 front plates make. I've only had mine 3 weeks, but I was pulled over the other night. No mention of the numberplate though. I don't think they're really bothered unless they are really fussy and picky. The majority of police probably aren't even aware that it's illegal to be honest.