ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird router/internet problem.

Hi guys n gals, a techie question here.

Me and my dad connect to the internet using a Netgear DG834 router. Its in his office and we are both linked to it. Thing is, I could be on my computer all day and the net will be working fine, then when he turns on his computer it kills the internet connection. He doesnt have to click on firefox it just kills it as it is turning on. However if hes on the net and I turn my computer on it doesnt effect it.

Its really weird, sometimes he turns his computer on, and we have to turn the router off and on a few times and wait like 10 minutes for it too kick in.

Any ideas?

both using windows xp btw , also he was using his onboard network slot but then bought a netgear network card to try but still the same.

172 Cup
Has your dad manually entered any TCP/IPv4 entries on his machine or are they all set to auto obtain?

Monaco 172 2/468
Yeah i'd look down the IP route first, assign both a static IP to see if that's the issue or not

Maybe update your router firmware if that isn't the problem